i smoke aswel i feel so bad

rachypoo

Reaction score
im trying to quit and as soon as i feel pg or see that bfp i will never put another fag in my mouth its so hard i am so addicted

Hello! I smoked right up until I found out I was pregnant. That was 7 months ago now, and I havent had one, but sometimes I really crave one. I feel guilty even about that! But dont feel too bad hun, you get this maternal instinct that just tells you to stop when you are pregnant.
Good Luck!!!!

xxx

Yeah I went off cigarettes 2 days before I got my BFP at about 3 weeks PG, my body just didn't want them any more. That was last May and I have never smoked since, or wanted to

just give up when ur pregnant, i did, i smoked 11 years and gave up just like that, i even smoked funny fags and gave that up straight away, and many times i had try to give up but never cud.

its different when ur respnsible for some one, their living inside you, keep them healthy, they didnt ask to smoke. so do the right thing, its easy

lots of help available

love elaine

Rach - I quit 3 months ago today!! No lapses or anything, in fact, I hate the smell now. I can't wait till they bring in a total ban on smoking in public because I don't even like going to the pub now.

You are ttc aren't you hun? Did you know that the toxins in cigarettes can cause a barrier around the egg that stops the sperm getting though? We have been ttc since June 05, and it seems strange that we both quit on the 16th October, then I conceived in December - coincidence?

me too i cant stand smell of smoke now, i give evils to people that stand near me and smoke lol weird hey, my head is more wrapped up un alana that ive never thought about smoking.

I've never think about smoking either, and if other people do and then go near my baby it makes me really cross. HV said if you pick up a baby within 30 minutes of having a cigarette its as bad as smoking it in front of them. I once saw someone smoking a joint with her 1 year old sat on her knee, I felt like shaking her and saying, don't you care about this child at all?! She even had the cheek to say she didn't know why he had such a terrible cough! Grr it makes me soooooo mad :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

i didnt know that kim - u learn summit knew everyday lol

my parent are made to stand outside if they smoke lol even if it is raining :D

Yeah so is OH and then he has to wash his hands and face and keep away from Rubie for half an hour

Well done to all of you who have managed to quit. I salute you!!

And to the original poster - if you can, I'd try to quit before you get pregnant. The additional hormonal/emotional turmoil of pregnancy can actually make it a lot harder once you've concieved!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back