I seriously need an opinion....

futuremummy237

Reaction score
We are having a little girl, and finding a name is so difficult because I like more unusual names but my partner loves traditional boring names (pah, you can tell my opinion on that). Anyhow, we have come up with a few options so I need some opinions....

Daphne
Imogen
Isla

Our favourite is Daphne, but my mum practically cried when we told her :/

xx

Definitely Daphne, your mum will get used to it.

Last edited:
I love all of them! so cute. My only input (Which may not matter to you) is that Isla is and has been very popular the last few years xxx

If Paphne is your favourite I think you should go with it despite what anyone thinks - even your mum! If people don't like it, they'll just have to learn to get used to it! :D

Just go with the name you like the best. You'll find anyone who wasn't sure about the name will get used to it. My mum wasn't keen on the name Eleanor, but I named my daughter that anyway, and it's different now that she's here and growing up and mum has actually said how pretty the name is.

People associate names with people they know, or know of. Once your baby has the name your mum will associate it with your new baby, all will be fine.

If you want Daphne go for it regardless of what anyone else thinks, including your mom. It is your choice after all and your mom will be fine with it once lo is here. I'm not sure my mom is overkeen on the name I have chosen and I know my dad definitely isn't but it's tough, me and OH love it and it's what we've been calling her now for the past 3 or 4 months so we're sticking with it :)

Love the name Imogen and it was on my list but OH didn't like and Isla I love also :) xx

Thanks ladies! I think it will be Daphne, thats what I call my bump when I speak to her and everyone from work does as well now :) oh is isla really popular? I didnt know that.. i like it a bit less now paha!

In that case, what middle names go with daphne? I was thinking emilia...

xx

I love the name Daphne. I do love the name Imogen, but where I come from (Belfast) it sounds like people are saying Imaging so it puts me off it.

My mum hated Alice and Temperance but soon came round when they where here and now refuses.to admit she hated the names!!

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Daphne is really cute for a baby girl and I think will age well too :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back