I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP ON THIS ONE ALL YOU PREGGERS GIRLS!!

xxsammyxx

Reaction score
I am now 3 days late (I am always on time to the day/hour normally!) For the last 3 days I have had dull aches in my stomach, nothing severe like period pains but like a mild version. Also had some shooting pains down my left leg and twinges in my right ovary. There is no sign of AF at the moment. I have tested tonight and it was BFN. The tests are ebay cheapies, you know the ones that are really thin and like cardboard and blue one end and white the other. Has anyone used these tests after being late for 3 or more days and got a BFN and then tested again days later and got a BFP? or has anyone found them unreliable? I just can't understand whats going on... x

Hi

It could be that because you tested at night the pregnancy test hasnt picked up the chemical it looks for in the test, it's best to test in the morning if your early testing although that can be hard lol. My other advice if you can afford it would be to do a clear blue digital test as they are very accurate. There is many reasons why your period might be late but I pray you get the result you're after

maybe u shud leave it a week :) if ur rele anxious get a first response test i dont think the chepies are great for ealry testing :)

I used an ebay cheapie 3 days before AF was due and BFN...day after AF was due it was BFP. So although I was probably earlier than you it may be that they don't pick up the hormone as early as some - try again with a digital as Bowmanzoo suggests! Good luck x

I used an ebay cheapie and it was so faint that i threw it away, make sure you leave it 10 mins as i think thats how long it takes to show and have a really good look..

I'm afraid I have to agree about the Clear Blue Digital, it may seem a lot more expensive but it gives you a definate yes or no and it saves you wondering if there is a faint line on the other tests - good luck honey :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi, first of all congrats on all your pregnancies... woo hoo!!!! :clap: I tested this morning with FMU (this is my 4th day of being late) and it was another cheapie (thank god they have all gone now!) and it was quite clearly BFN. I still have the dull aches in my stomach which have been there for the last few days. No other symptoms and no AF ( :D ) My best friend thinks i'm pregnant (she has had 3 kids) Of course there is no telling right now. Soooo frustrated. So thats why I want to see peoples experiences and comments on the tests. Keep the stories coming girls!!! Thanks x

If you're 4 days late then please go for a clear blue digital test as they're the best about and to be honest I don't trust cheapie ones, it may be that your body only produces slight amounts of the chemical they look for in early pregnancy and in which case you'll need a good pregnancy test. Go treat yourself to a clearblue digital, I don't recomment the normal clearblue as I didnt get a strong result on that and it was quite confusing to read but cb digital is awesom can't go wrong with them.

Well this evening I finally caved in this evening and bought a test. Here in Spain you would be lucky to find a normal ancient style test let alone a digital one!!! :wall: They dont even sell them in the supermarkets here you have to go to a proper chemist. The tests are quite cheap and nasty and ive had one that didnt even work at all! However, beggars and all that... lol. So I came home and impatiently took another test (FMU would have been better but I couldnt wait.) It was negative. Now on my 4th day of being late. Dull aches are still in progress and no sign of AF. Could it still be too early to test do you think? Im even more confused now. x

Well I wouldnt have thought it was too early to test. Are you under any stress at the moment?

When i tested with my LO it was negative. I had to wait 7 days and then it came up postitive. My hormones werent high enough early on. xx

i used wilkinsons cheepies which r the same as ebay 1s had bfp at 2 days late bought different tests at 5 days late had bfp then used the cheepies again bfp so they r reliable just maybe wait till u r a week late. more reliable then.
caz xxx

I used Tesco's own brand and got BFP but I was a week and a half late so not much help really! I would wait until you are a week late and then try the expensive one, there's no point in wasting it if it's too early.

Good luck xx

i used cb digital at 5 days past af,

it was the only one the supermarket had.

Hi, I have also used some of the cheap tests from the internet and while I did get a BFP with them 2 days early, it was extremely faint and took about 10 minutes to show. I did 2 or 3 of them as the line was so faint I wondered if it was really there or just me seeing things cos I wanted it so bad! Eventually bit the bullet and spent the extra pennies on a clearblue digital where there is no doubt. They are expensive but at least you will have an answer, and they work up to 4 days early, which I discovered with my first baby so well worth the money. If you can't find them in the shops there, there are plenty of them about on ebay! Good luck hun, hope you get what you are looking for!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back