I need to have a moan :(

Amy0801

Reaction score
Hi ladies.
Well it's been one of them weekends! My partner works shifts and when it comes to his weekends in I feel like a single parent! He gets up at 5am and goes to work whilst we are in bed and tonight he didn't get home until 6.35! Our daughter goes to bed at 7pm so she only gets to see him for a short time. I am left to entertain a hyperactive autistic 7 year old all weekend whilst trying to do usual tidying, cleaning, washing etc not to mention taking daughter to her horse riding lesson...my parents obviously know he works long shifts and I am left on my own but I have not heard from my mum all weekend even to ask how I am feeling..after putting a comment on Facebook today my sister said I should have asked her to take daughter for a couple of hours but I hate to ask others for help because it makes me feel like I can't cope and I'm a bad mum. I prefer to wait until someone offers their time. I am in bed now resting whilst the other half is downstairs watching TV and tomorrow I will be back at work feeling as though I have had no rest whilst my partner will have days off during the week where he will sit with his feel up whilst daughter is in school!! I am sorry for the moan...I am just feeling very emotional today! Having a little cry by myself! I will be glad when baby is here and I can get back to normal instead of feeling so tired and achy all the time! :( xx

Yikes! You definitely should reach out and ask for help. I know it makes us moms feel awful but you have to take care of yourself too!!

Sorry you're having a tough time. Ask your family to help. You have to let people know you're struggling for them to offer help. You're pregnant it's expected that you'll be tired etc no one will think you're not doing a good job

Having a child at 7 with autism is already difficult enough, without the added child and daily chores.
Possibly consider leaving work to focus on both childs needs. (CLaim carers/DLA?)
Cleaning etc, its not realy important in the scheme of things.
Easier to say...i know.
Maybe write a daily list of jobs to do and leave them for your partner. i find my partner only has mental capabilities of completing chores when I leave a list. I think they really dont realise lol.

Have a go?

Hi ladies
Thanks for your replies and advice. I normally don't struggle when it's DF weekends in work but as I am nearing the end of the pregnancy I am struggling to do everything. I think I will have to write DF a list of jobs to do!
Entre, I currently receive DLA for our daughter but it's not enough to give up work and live off as we rely on both wages. I have only got another 4 weeks in work and then I will be on maternity pay and struggling like most of us will be! I actually prefer to be in work because I can sit at my desk whereas when I'm at home I start doing all sorts and tire myself out! DF will be starting his weekends off in another week and then he will be off when the baby arrives so not to wait! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back