I need suggestions for my baby's name. Thanks!

alyana89

Reaction score
I’m just three months pregnant and my husband has been so excited to give our baby boy a name. Since last week, he started suggesting weird names like Killian, Seamus, Darius, Quinn and many more. I kind of hate those names because those are hard to read and I don’t feel like calling my son with those names. I suggested we should consider biblical names like Matthew, Daniel, Ezekiel, David and the like. Guess what he said. He noted that biblical names are quite common. He wants something unique but I don’t like his suggestions. Can someone help us create a unique yet manly names for a baby boy? A foreign but rare name will do. It will be appreciated; thanks a lot!

I’m just three months pregnant and my husband has been so excited to give our baby boy a name. Since last week, he started suggesting weird names like Killian, Seamus, Darius, Quinn and many more. I kind of hate those names because those are hard to read and I don’t feel like calling my son with those names. I suggested we should consider biblical names like Matthew, Daniel, Ezekiel, David and the like. Guess what he said. He noted that biblical names are quite common. He wants something unique but I don’t like his suggestions. Can someone help us create a unique yet manly names for a baby boy? A foreign but rare name will do. It will be appreciated; thanks a lot!

My friends little boy is called Max. It really suits him, a bit different but not too weird at the same time.

Sounds like your OH likes kind of celtic or Irish sounding names? Maybe have a look at some that have easier spellings to avoid the misspronunciation problems.

My neighbour's boy is called Caelan - I really like it.

Not all of the biblical names are really common. Elijah etc.

Also the names such as Daniel, Matthew and David are not as common in babies anymore.

I agree with the looking at Celtic names and seeing if you can find a nice inbetween that's got the Celtic sound but easier to spell.

I wouldn't worry too much about this though as you could argue over boys names and then end up having a girl.

What about vintage names ? We already have 2 girls names and one boys name and we aren't even pregnant yet but I love names that were more popular in the 1940s because they aren't weird and they aren't really seen anymore

I love the name Felix; it was my number one boys name but husband hated it - we settled on Abraham (Bram) instead. But we're having a girl anyway so it didn't matter (still doesn't matter I think if we have a boy we will go back to Abraham.) But I still love the name Felix, I like Rupert too.

I like unusual names my daughter is called Ezziemai. Hubby not so keen. I like celtic names like: Arlo, Blair, Brodie, Conan. Soo many haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back