I need HELP!!! my Girlfriend won't talk to me

Sad Dad To Be

Reaction score
Me and my partner were over the moon about having our first baby I've always wanted to be a father and was really excited but after 2 months in she shut me out never told me about appointments and then stopped speaking to me :wall2:I've tried my best to talk to her and managed to get to the first scan she was okay for a few days after then turned nasty saying I treat her bad when I never have she is 4 months now and she won't speak to me at all I've called her text her and tried to get her on facebook but I get nothing her mum wont even talk to me about anything I don't know what to do I'm heart broken and I don't think I can take much more I can't eat or sleep thinking about it is this normal behaviour?

Of course that's not normal behaviour sad dad to be & I'm really sorry you are going through this! Obviously we only have one side of a story so it is so difficult to know what is going on in her head... It sounds like she is going through some seriously conflicting emotions. It sounds like you are hoping this is just 'normal' hormonal behaviour, but I'm afraid this sounds way beyond that. Does she have a history of any odd behaviour like this? Does she have depression or anything else that might explain it? Can you speak to any of her family? I'm afraid you can't really change her feelings, only how you respond to her behaviour.

I have no idea if fathers have legal rights to attend prenatal appointments etc maybe someone on here might know... but my advice would be to give her some space but communicate (as I am sure you have) to say you are very sad she feels the way she does and are desperate to be a part of her pregnancy and will be there for her when she is ready talk. You may need to take some legal advice regarding what happens when the baby is born if things don't change.

I'm very sorry to hear this, the only thing you can do is keep telling her how much you want to be involved and reassure her.
I don't think dads to be have any legal right to be at the scans or birth, it happened to a close friend of mine and her ex partner. It's only after the birth dads rights come into it.
I hope you get the situation sorted and can be involved throughout. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back