I need food!

raisingingrid

Reaction score
Hey ladies!

Some say it's okay, some others say it's not.

Does anyone eat packaged lunch meats from the store? EX: Turkey, Ham, Salami...

I am craving to make my own sub sandwich, but I want to know some opinions and thoughts.

thanks!!!

I do but you're not supposed to (blah blah blah lol) I just make sure it's fresh.

I eat things like ham and turkey but not air-dried meats like salami or parma ham. Not sure if this is right though xx

I think packaged lunch meats are okay! I'm sure it's just things like meat from the deli counter.

I've eaten packaged meat and I've even eaten chorizo (cooked) a few times too.

I honestly think if you stuck to all the rules us pregnant women wouldn't be allowed to eat at all! Hahaha.

Last edited:
Hahahah blah blah blah...if you watch what you eat TOO much, you wont be able to eat anything!!!!

thank you!

I figured that salami and things like that should be off-limits....thank you!

I've been eating packaged ham- didn't even realise we weren't supposed to?! X

I think packaged meat is more safe than getting it from an over-the-counter deli where meats are left out and are exposed to germs and certain bacteria. You can most certainly buy that stuff, but I would recommend roasting or boiling or grilling the meat so the preservatives aren't present.

Advice is different depending on where you are in the world...

In the UK, my interpretation to the advice is that you can eat ham and turkey as long as it states 'cooked' on the packaging but are advised to avoid deli counter meats as you can't be sure how well it has been stored. I have eaten a toasted Ham & Turkey sub from Subway as well, many times, and also been fine (I absolutely love the Italian BMT but because it has salami and pepperoni in it, I had to switch to something else). But, saying that, I have eaten pepperoni, chorizo and salami but only on pizzas or cooked in homecooked paella because they are cooked at 200oC etc!

A sub sandwich sounds good right about now! :lol:

Last edited:
Advice is different depending on where you are in the world...

In the UK, my interpretation to the advice is that you can eat ham and turkey as long as it states 'cooked' on the packaging but are advised to avoid deli counter meats as you can't be sure how well it has been stored. I have eaten a toasted Ham & Turkey sub from Subway as well, many times, and also been fine (I absolutely love the Italian BMT but because it has salami and pepperoni in it, I had to switch to something else). But, saying that, I have eaten pepperoni, chorizo and salami but only on pizzas or cooked in homecooked paella because they are cooked at 200oC etc!

A sub sandwich sounds good right about now! :lol:

Mmm your reply has made me really hungry! X

If I fancied food that would be a start Hahahha!!! Although a subway does sound lovely! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back