I mean seriously,,,,,,,

toni64539

Reaction score
Does this baby look underweight to you????
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371770718.201762.jpg
He is plodding along nicely now on the 9th centile, baring in mind he was 3 weeks early (which they don't take into consideration) but just because he 'used' to be on the 25th there must be something wrong!!! Rubbish I think, this is where he is settled and I think he is 100% fine!!! Grrrrrrr, rant over

Awwww naw he's adorable!

He looks scrummy I don't mean fat, a nice healthy looking weight.

Take no notice of HV mine told me few weeks ago that if I got a baby walker for my 5m old son(even though I'm not planning to) that he would get upto 30mph across the laminate, crash into the wall and come out the baby walker!?

Sooooo... I'd go with what u know, mummy knows best xxxx

I agree he's my little chunk!! But she makes him sound like a skin and bone sparrow, she just keeps saying "that's breastfed babies for you" like it's a bad thing that he's breastfed. Silly mare.

Hahahahha Russell that made me laugh! 30mph????? Hahahah

Aw honestly Hun he looks perfect. Ur doing a good job. Until recently my LO has been quite slim looking but he's beefing up now. Every baby is different.

Yeah I asked what age do they recommend jumperoo etc and she said well we don't recommend baby walkers because the baby can get upto 30mph on the laminate.

I'm like just staring at her as if, are you effing kidding me. What was that comment? What kind of baby walker is this? One with a 0-30 mph in a second hahaha.

Infact I must share this in a thread I forgot to tell ppl. My HV is a total cracker. Xxx

Last edited:
That has got to be up there with the dumbest thing a HV had said! Yeah, maybe if your lounge is as long as a runway ha x

Well I asked about hairloss the other week aswell and she said thus,

When we are pregnant, for god knows whatever reason our hair grows, and I think it stems from the cave man days when we had to keep warm, anyway, all this extra hair has to come out so it's like your shedding your coat.

I had probably a handful of smart things I could have said like I don't fucking shed my hair to co ordinate seasons I'm not a dog. Instead I said, our hair grows because of the excess hormones due to the pregnancy.

Like wtf? Shouldn't she know this?

It was the way she says for whatever reason! As if our hair just grows like rapunzel for the hell of it.

Xxxxx

Last edited:
He's gorgeous Hun, just perfect :) my HV expressed concern because Harry had dropped from the 98th to the 91st centile! Hmm I think he's got plenty left! X

He looks edible and so healthy!

I would take no notice of the HVs they clearly have not got a clue! I got the same stress from them and was urged to give C formula top ups, I didn't.

He was born on the 9th went to the 25th and then kept wavering between the 9th and 25th. He is now between the 50th and 75th at 10 months. No two babies are the same and HVs seem to forget this fact?!

Your clearly doing brilliantly xx

As someone who has many issues with Aaron's weigh I'd say - ignore them all

There is nothing wrong with being on the 9th centile! It's not a case of the higher on the centile chart the healthier the baby!

I think Aaron was down around the 9th on the typical chart and I can assure you he's fine

Has he lost weight or is he putting it on more slowly. As long as he isn't losing weight I really wouldn't worry.

Just echoing what everyone else has said. Shouldn't say it but I've not met a good HV yet! The stuff they come out with is rediculous, I asked about why Enid wouldn't take milk a few weeks ago and they said to leave her with a sippy cup to get on with it. That would clearly result in her getting 0 milk at all!!

He looks fab hun!! My Jack has always been a skinny little thing who had no fat rolls and always followed inbetween the 9th & 25th. From Jan 2012-13 he only gained 2lb..... In a whole year!!! Not one health professional was concerned as he was happy, healthy and hitting his milestones.
Harry however is my little chunky man, he's well over halfway towards Jack's weight now and he's only 16wks lol. He started off on the 2nd centile and is now sitting on the 50th and again he's happy, healthy and hitting milestones.

HV don't seem to be able to het it into their heads that not every baby follows their stupid lines and books!!! We don't even go to baby clinic anymore, we stick the boys on the scales at home x

What a handsome little man he is!!

He looks great to me :lol:

James used to have to go for fortnightly weigh-ins as he'd slip between 25th and 9th centile.

They only signed us off fortnightly weigh-ins when he had 3 in a row in 25th centile :shock:

I go to a walk-in clinic and they made me see a HV due to baby 'not following his line'. HV I saw was very serious and wanted to see us again at next weigh-in to make sure all was "OK".... When I went back a few weeks later I actually saw a different HV and she said it was ludicrous that bub's weight had been flagged up... So it just goes to show how different people have different perceptions.

Last weigh-in James had hit 50th centile for first time bless him!

As long as you - his Mummy - are happy with his feeding and weight gain I really wouldn't worry!

xxxxxx

Have to agree with everyone else, he looks just fine to me! As long as he's feeding well I don't see the problem. My LO was born 4 weeks early and was below the 0.4th centile. She's now between the 9th and 25th and looks absolutely perfect the weight she is. One of my friends had her baby at 27 weeks and she's still following her own little line (way below everyone else, but looking fine on it!). Another friend had the HV have a go at her for not feeding her baby enough formula because he's dropped a centile since birth. He takes SO much food whenever I've seen him and looks absolutely perfect to me.

What HVs seem to forget is that everyone is different and babies will often turn out just like their parents. Hell, at the age of 20 I was on the 25th centile, so why should my LO be any bigger???? Ignore HVs, most of them seem to be idiots (I've avoided mine because my LO hasn't started walking yet - she's 16 months almost - but is under the care of a consultant who knows it's fine).

Have to agree with everyone else, he looks just fine to me! As long as he's feeding well I don't see the problem. My LO was born 4 weeks early and was below the 0.4th centile. She's now between the 9th and 25th and looks absolutely perfect the weight she is. One of my friends had her baby at 27 weeks and she's still following her own little line (way below everyone else, but looking fine on it!). Another friend had the HV have a go at her for not feeding her baby enough formula because he's dropped a centile since birth. He takes SO much food whenever I've seen him and looks absolutely perfect to me.

What HVs seem to forget is that everyone is different and babies will often turn out just like their parents. Hell, at the age of 20 I was on the 25th centile, so why should my LO be any bigger???? Ignore HVs, most of them seem to be idiots (I've avoided mine because my LO hasn't started walking yet - she's 16 months almost - but is under the care of a consultant who knows it's fine).

Was you Los weigh not adjusted? Anything under 37 weeks should be adjusted on the chart x

My SIL is a HIV and says that there is only concern if babies move more that 2 centiles

They really just need to follow the line they are on, be it 0.4 or 99.4!

Was you Los weigh not adjusted? Anything under 37 weeks should be adjusted on the chart

Yes, but it was still below 0.4th. The other thing I found was the consultant was using a slightly different graph to what I have in my red book. I thought my LO was between 9th and 25th and she was saying just below the 9th.

He's gorgeous!!!! I stopped going to the HV a long time ago when they told me Meri was 'a big girl' asked me exactly what i fed her and when and said her weight would need to be kept an eye on. I seriously wanted to lamp the stupid woman and vowed to never to back again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back