I love the name Ted but not Edward etc -advice ?

Aries29

Reaction score
After buckling and finding out the gender, we are having a boy which was my preference :-D

I'm 20 weeks and before I was even pregnant I have loved the name Ted . My dad peter is nicknamed Ted , I remember I used to say good morning father ted ,it then shortened to Ted and just stuck - I've Called my dad Ted for 8 years now ! And he likes it .

Well I just love the name Ted /Teddy for a boy ( Ted on birth certificate )

I even call my bump teddy so I couldn't imagine calling him anything else now . My son who's 10 also was asked which of 3 names he liked ( Ted, Jacob or Benjamin )) and he said Ted as e could nickname him Teddy ( which I absolutely adore)

Well my fiancé likes Ted and work colleagues say it's cute and different

Shall I go with my heart and call him Ted ? I just don't think I'd be happy with any other name now as its stuck. I don't like Edward , Edmund or theo etc .

It would be Ted William Bradfield ( Teddy Bradfield ) which I think sounds nice / retro / different

I don't want a name that is very common

Ted or Teddy is a lovely name, this was my preference for a boy, but been told were having a girl!

My advice is to not tell too many people, you'll always have people who wont like it and give you there negative comments that put you off! This is my 4th baby and were keeping the name a secret this time for that very reason xxx

Thank you :) . The only person who pulls a face is my mum but then she called my brother fmdavid and nicknamed him Benny ?!?! Lol . I'm going with my heart then because I feel I will regret if I change the mane to anything else.

Called my brother David and nicknamed Benny I meant :)

Theo is the name we've chosen if we ever have a boy, I also love that you get the nickname teddy from it. Go with your gut and don't explain yourself to anyone, his name is Ted and that's that :) x

I know a girl with a little boy called Ted too, I think it sounds fine x

Yes! You sound pretty convinced - do it! We named my daughter after our 20 week scan and really felt we got to bond with her being able to say her name.. I know people say you need to wait until you see them to see if it suits but it was so familiar by the time she was born it would have been odd calling her anything else! Ted is a lovely name, I know a few Teds and I think it's adorable for a baby, cool for a teenager and sensible enough for a grown up :) xx

Thanks ladies :) , yes Teddy is becoming more popular again , it's 66/100 in the uk name chart apparently . Ted is not actually on the list but I think Ted is better then Teddy on a birth certificate .

Besides he will have William as a middle name so ihe has choice of his name i.e

Ted, Teddy, Will , William , billy, Bill

I love the name Teddy but no one else including my OH likes it! so its no longer an option for me lol :( xxx

Last edited:
I absolutely love it! Go with your heart, he's yours and yours alone to name so don't listen to anyone else's input x

If Ted is what you like, Ted is what you have!
If people can call their kids Apple, north west, molborough etc then I don't think you have to use the "full" name Edward when it's Ted/Teddy you like (which by the at is lovely and not like some of the ridiculous names out there) x

You already know the answer- Ted it is! Never worry about what anyone else thinks, he is your baby, go with what your heart says and name that bubba what you love

If you love it go for it :) my old neighbour has a little boy called Teddy, just that, not short for anything else X

We had a little boy and called him teddy 3 weeks ago! I was the same didn't want Edward or anything else so his birth certificate is teddy although we call him ted. It is becoming more popular but not enough to put me off. You should go for it it's such a cute name! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back