I know what's wrong and it doesn't look good :(- Updated

Sorry I wasn't on yesterday - had a BBQ and friends over enjoying the weather and trying to relax - thanks for all the PM's of concern :)

Me and OH went to Bedford (the better hospital) on Friday night and found out all the pain is from an inflamed Kidney and/or Gall Bladder. Could possibly have a gumbling appendix too/instead. They can't sure till after the course of anti-biotics I'm on (and I'm on alot!). Also gave re-hydration powder to mix with water, because I'm a bit dehydrated after all the puking :(

They shedualed a scan for me to have Monday (tomorrow), they will let me know what time a few hours before though as they have to book it tomorrow too.

Ended up back in last night because a lot more blood and clots. Went straight through to own private room 10 minutes after arriving. Had a scan an hour and half later with Gynea (had bloods/urine and all that in between, and saw doctor again). Then we got the bad news.

The baby is fine and healthy with the heart still beating. But the bleeding is being caused by the fact that the wall of my uterus is coming away and falling apart :cry: I have to go back in tomorrow still and may be in hospital to be monitored constantly, or every fews days to a week, depending on how bad they think it is.

I'm still really numb to the news and trying to put on a brave face, but I know the realty is I could lose my baby at any time. :cry:

Oh Sami, I'm so sorry.
The worry is horrendous, I know.
AT LEAST it sounds like you are getting some proper care from the hospital now and that they are taking this seriously.
All my thoughts are with you and hoping for a positive outcome.
Lucyx
PS: I had my gallbladder removed last year so if it does turn out to be that and you want any advice, let me know.x

Lucy - I don't even know what my Gall Bladder is!! lol.

Thank you for your message. The hospital we are at is brilliant and hoping for the best and will stay positive...tis all we an do xx

Hi Sami,

Good luck tomorrow,
At least you will be in the right place.

I'm so sorry to hear your news, it must be non stop worry at the moment for you,
Best wishes to you all and if you can keep us posted

Best wishes
Yvonne :D

Thanks Yvonne for your message. It is pretty much non stop - but we are trying to stay as positive as possible. i mean, the baby has survived past 8 weeks, which apprently only 1 in 6 fertilised eggs get past! And also it's not far off 12 weeks (if that makes a difference now!). The baby is stronger every day it survives so maybe it can defeat the odds?

I'm not absolutely sure, but I think you can be stitched to stop your cervix becoming weak under the pressure - I don't know much about that though and may be wrong.

It is good news that you have nearly reached the 12 week mark,

i know they can put a stitch in your cervix to stop it dilating, my cousin had it done because her first 2 babies were born at 22 weeks, but i dont know about other situations.

finger and toes crossed for you all, baby sounds like its comfortable in there which is a good sign.

Keep in touch, i would love to know yours and babies progress.

Yvonne ***** :D :D :D

Good luck for tomorrow Sami, thinking of you, let us know how you get on. xx

Sami I am really glad that there is someone now taking you seriously. I am thinking about you and will keep checking here to see how you are getting on. I know you must be going out of your mind with worry, but you are in good hands now, try to keep that in mind.

love Sarah xxxx

Well I am watching as always.

I did mean to log on yesterday but our home computer is upstairs and it was unbareably hot up there. I had to stay downstairs all day in the lounge.

Keeping everything crosssed for you that things get better.

Keep us up to date

Sami,

Let us know what happens today.

I'm at home in a state of panic today - bleeding and cramping. Waiting for doc to ring again at lunch time. Possible scan tomorrow.

Let us know how you get on love,

Sass
x

Hi guys, well I went to have my scan today and they said they could keep me in and monitor me or I could go home and rest in my own environment untill I have another scan in two weks time. I opted to come home obviously because it is less stressful, and plus I have you guys for support! I couldn't bare to be away from my partner for so long.

The long and short of it all is that they can't really do anything to help me, we just have to wait for the blood that is sitting round the bottom o the baby to filter out itself completely before I will get a cervical 'plug' and things will progress more smoothly. She thinks some of my pain could be due to the fact I'm contracting and my body is fighting against the contractions at the same time.

I just have to hope and pray nothing goes wrong.

Had a major argument with my Dad today too - he isn't being the most supportive and still carried shouting at me after I mentioned what was going on - so we aren't talking. More stress. Just trying to stay calm. Feel like my world has been turned upside down :( Even OH is being down and not talking to me much and I don't know what to do to help him.

This is all just too much :cry:

I still feel blo*dy awful today - fainted yesterday and still dizzy today. I just want to enjoy this. Still putting a brave face on outside - but inside I feel a bit messed up :(

The fainting must be down to you being so low on energy because of the food. One of the ladies I work with didn't discover she was pregnant until she went to the doctor with mystery fainting.

It turns out that she wasn't eating properly (her own stupid fault though, not morning sickness like yours).

16 years later she still doesn't bother eating until about 3pm in the afternoon. I have already eaten a horse and chased the jockey by then! :D Absolutely nothing kills my bloody appetite :(

Hi Sammi

I am so sorry that you are going through this. Just know that we are all here for you if you need to rant

I send my love to you and the little one.
sx

hi sami, have just read throught the posts on this thread, sounds like you're going through a really horrible time.
i know that people say stress is bad for the baby and to stay as stress free as you can but that isn't always possible!
when i was in my first few months of pregnancy i had a lot of stress in my life and i tried to kind of hide it from the baby, but now i've realised that that isn't possible and it's probably much better to involve your baby in your feelings and not exclude him or her. so if you want to cry or scream or break down or whatever i think you should feel you can without worrying how it will affect the baby. they're tough little things!
hope you're ok good luck for your next scan xxx

Thanks guys - I really appreciate the support. Gonna go have a little sulk now coz ive got all emotional but i'll be back later xx

yeah not too bad thanks, bleeding has now stopped, still getting mild cramps but evrything is going really well now :D feeling very positive.

Thanks for asking hun xx

Glad to hear things are looking up for you Sami.
I'm keeping my eye out for you!
Lucyx

Hi Sami,

sorry to hear all news. i had no idea what you have been going through! told youi im shit with computers and dont seem too good at navigating around this site!

Im sure you will be fine (feel a bit of a prick moaning about tiny bit of spotting when your having this trouble!) your bump will be a lot tougher than you think chick! keep smiling! we are all thinking about you (even if it takes some of us a lot longer to let you know!)

Get plenty rest chick and make sure daddy to be is spoilin you rotten!

xxx
sarah (king)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back