I know he didnt mean to

hels

Reaction score
I got really upset last night. Charlotte had been crying from 7pm and it was about 11pm, OH was clearing out his wardrobe, when he turned to me and said "I dont mean to be funny..but" and took Charlie off me, she settled immediatly. With that i turned and stomped down stairs and left him to it. He came down and i was crying, i have been feeling really uselsss again lately, and get so so so so angry with myself when i cant settle her. I feel totally crap, and when he did that it felt like he had confirmed it.
He apologised when i told him he had upset me, but said all he meant was that she could smell milk on me and thats why she wasnt settling with me.
It is such a 'rollercoaster' some days i feel great and think i have conquered the 'Mum' lark, but than lke last night i feel useless and that im really not cut out for it.
But god i love me daughter (it gives me such a buzz to say 'my daughter!'

Please tell me im not alone in thinking like this!
Im sorry to my OH for being stroppy! xxxx

hi honey, i feel exactly the same, thought i was doing really well with the whole mummy thing then yesterday as soon as oh came in from work zack decided to become a little bugger, crying and not settling. i felt useless and cried. oh took zack off me and put him in his nursery to cry in his cot for a bit but every cry made me feel like a bad mother. i know babies cry but i felt like my heart was being ripped out! as soon as i lifted zack up he stopped and his face wasnt blotchy so was he just playing with us? i dunno. but you are not alone chick honest. sometimes its good to talk to other mothers who's babies are the same age isnt it! hope things get better. for me today seems like a completely different day, well see how things go when oh gets home from work!!!!

Rubie never has and still doesn't settle with mr. She would much rather sit on her own in her chair or lie on the floor, she hates being picked up and cuddled and really fights me. I always think she hates me becuase she settles with OH :(

HI

You know Kiara settles right down when daddy comes home and picks her up i think its cuz she dont see hi often cuz he works so long. I think most girls are daddys girls as well.
Hope your ok and dotn take it personal dont you love how we get so emotional , you'[de think it would of ended once we had our babies .
katrina

Hi

Last night Isaac cried when i tried to feed him and i panicked but Jarrod came in and calmly picked him up and comforted him and it really made me feel like an awfull mum! Babies need a relaxed mummy i know so I do try and stay calm but Jarrod always seems to be calm!

I think me and Jarrod are a good balance though of stress and calmness. You need both to make a happy medium I reckon so if there are times when Jarrod can take Isaac from me and comfort him when I'm stressed then so be it! I wont feel awfull next time, just grateful :)

Lou

I was so jealous when Naomi smiled her first smile for Daddy! I made out like I was in a playful kind of way, and as a result, OH saw that I was disappointed and hugged me so often all that day that I'm surprised my ribs didn't crack!

She smiles for both of us now though...

:D

Sue

Very often I feel the same, and it's just 3 weeks!!! :?

I am on my own with Maheen now during the day, and she is more or less fine, but as soon as my husband comes back from work, she starts being moody and cries, and there is nothing I can do!!! :cry: She would only settle in HIS arms!
It has made me cry and feel like I am failing to bond with my daughter, though I love her so much it brings tears to my eyes just to look at her sleeping!!!! :oops:

I have felt jealous as well, but I know I can tell all this to my husband, and I did and he thinks it's because I get tense and stressed out when she start crying and she feels it and can't settle down!

I don't even have the excuse of the milk, as I don't breastfeed!!

Now, I have started taking it easier, I just think she has already understood that mummy will let her cry for a bit whereas daddy just runs to pick her up as soon as she moans, and she plays with us!
But I know how you feel, it still hits me, even though I try to be a big girl!!!
mel xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back