I just found out...

xJodieLoux

Reaction score
That my blood is negative so I will have to have injections to stop my body rejecting the baby. I'm abit worried even though the midwife told me not to be :roll:

You'll be fine :hug: . Mines RH Neg too, I got my first anti D next week then another at around 34 weeks. There's quite a few on here who are RH Neg.
:hug:

Aw, me too - the injection stings your bum :lol: but otherwise it's nothing to worry about :hug:

I'm Rh neg too. When I had my boy 8 years ago, I only had one injection at his birth but when I was told I'd have two injections during pregnancy this time I felt a little hard done by!

My grandmother was the only other member of my enormous family who was my blood group. She had 7 healthy children, so I've never been all that worried...

Hon would you mind explaining why you had to have this and what it means??

xxx

Good luck hon
xx

I know I'm Rhesus negative as well but we don't know what blood group my DH is so I'll probably have to have the injections as well

As I understand it Sharne if you're rhesus negative but your partner is positive then when yours and your baby's blood mix (usually at the birth) your blood will start to produce antibodies to rhesus positive so in any future pregnancies your blood will attack and kill your baby but the injections they give you somehow stop this.

I haven't even managed to get a doctors appointment yet let alone a midwife's appointment but I understand the midwife will do a blood test to check if you're positive or negative.

Hope I got that all correct :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back