i just finished the floor in the new nursery! so proud!

petchy

Reaction score
phew.....! i am absolutely knackered! just spent the last 3 hours putting laminate flooring down in the new nursery! well worth the work though, i am so proud! did the living room a few weeks back, just 3 more rooms to do now before every room has been done!

tomorrow i'll get OH to go to B&Q to pick up the edging strips, and voila - the nursery is done! OH painted the room last week, it's white, nice and airy - just waiting for some lovely curtains, furniture, shelves and toys - and of course, the baby! got plenty of time to put the finishing touches in though, so one we hopefully find out the sex next monday (26th) i'll get some nice fabric from the market and make some lovely curtains! :D

nice one petchy be careful you dont over do things though hun xxx

Well done Pethy. It seems like your really having fun.... I wish I had the energy to do soemthing like that, the past few days I have been feeling so knackered its unreal I dont know whats up with me, I also seem like I can sleep forever.....

lol...
U take Care thougha nd try not to over do it...
Love Dani and Bubble xx

lol, i don't know what came over me.... i've been knackered lately as well and i intended to have a whole weekend just lazing around as my batteries are in serious need of recharging. sat down with a book at 5.30pm yesterday thinking i'd just chill.

then the neighbours started their *^&$%$&^ing band practice (every sunday evening, it drives me MAD, can't even hear the telly over their noise, wish i could get simon cowell to tell them they really are rubbish!!!!) and i felt myself getting really worked up.

so i decided i had to do something to take my mind off the noise - was gonna do the floor next weekend anyway so i thought i may as well. plus the noise of the jigsaw etc would disguise the noise from next door! by 9pm i'd finished and next door was quiet again!

i've been trying to talk to the neighbours about this as it is EVERY sunday without fail, plus two nights in the week she has drumming lessons!!!! it cannot go on like this, i can never relax! imagine when baby arrives - after sleepless nights when i want to relax i won't be able to - i reckon i will need to grap sleep whenever i can but this might be a problem.
they play music loud on the stereo constantly as well, and i get nowhere with them when i mention it.

thing is - what do i do? they are council tenants, so do i call the council?? i know the person we bought our house off said they'd had complaints against them about noise before and they were on their last warning (this was 2 1/2 years ago) then what if they get mardy with me for talking to the council, they do have a bit of a temper on them....?

god, sorry listen to me ranting - hormonal as i am i've managed to turn this post into a moaning outburst as well... wasn't intentional! :oops:

I'd suggest that you start off by trying to talk to the neighbours. It may not work, but then they can't say you didn't try. Approach them in a friendly way with your OH in tow and see if there's any kind of compromise you can reach with them. Perhaps every other week or earlier in the day or something might be easier.

Have you talked to your other neighbours about it? Maybe they're all p*****d off and wishing someone wld do something!

It's best not to get the Council involved if you can help it, but do use that option if all else fails!!

Good luck!!

petchy said:
thing is - what do i do? they are council tenants, so do i call the council??

If you have tried talking to them then YES.
Councils are getting really good at sorting this stuff out. If they were on their last warning they will have to do as they are told or get out!

thanks you guys! i think i will get in touch with the council, as when i tried to talk to her about it (in a mature and reasonable manner) she started yelling at me. she can be really intimidating, the kind of person that talks over you so you can't get a word in - if you know what i mean. i don't think i could handle her shouting at me again, i'm hormonal and crying over every little thing as it is! OH thinks i've lost it!! lol

Good luck with the council, sounds like you've got nightmare neighbours :(

I would like laminate down in the nursery, but I think we are going to wait til she's a bit older and we redecorate again in there. It will be easier to keep clean (currently has ivory carpet down! :shock: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back