i just did a dumb thing

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Suzie and Faith, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Suzie and Faith

Suzie and Faith Well-Known Member

I was bored so was watching 4OD on my laptop and i started watching 'Jamie's fowl dinners'
    they had male chicks
    they killed them there and then

and now i'm sobbing

I was a veggie for 6 years and a couple of years ago i gave it up. I think i've just returned to veggie-dom.

2. Tillytots

Tillytots Well-Known Member

:(

I cant watch things like that....I love chickens. I also eat them but I love them.

3. 1sttimemum

1sttimemum Well-Known Member

:hug:

I dont think about where my food comes from tbh, its been this way for YEARS

xx

4. Suzie and Faith

I know its the way things have always been and i know it's kinda natural for humans to eat meat. I just think too much about things.

5. Flame

Flame Well-Known Member

I have a friend who eats meat but if it is pork or bacon she said that is a food of its own and wasnt from a piggy cause otherwise she cant eat it.

6. Geordie&Bairn

Geordie&Bairn Well-Known Member

I eat meat
    But i dont like seeing the food i eat die.
    I cant eat lamb as i can't stand the thought of those poor lambies been taken from thier mummies. And the distress that must cause and ive heard the mummies our distressed for along time afterward bleeting in grief as they search for thier babies
    Horrible.
    But i do eat pig cow chicken and fish.

7. Suzie and Faith

It bugs me, the fact that now i feel like i can't eat meat.
    I now have the hassle of ensuring i get all my vitamins and i have to check labels etc.
    I know it's my own choice but i don't feel like it is. I'm too sentimental!

8. debecca

debecca Well-Known Member

Poor you BabyBee :hug: hormones make us so sensitive at the moment!

I hate the taste of meat usually but since being pregnant all I've wanted are steaks and bacon. I can't STAND the smell or taste of lamb. It's so bad that if someone's having it on the same table as me I'll be sick. I have to turn down invites to wedding receptions if it's the main course.

Luckily my OH doesn't eat lamb for the same reasons as Sarah (geordielass) so we don't have it in our house and my friends are kind enough not to order it when we go out.

I'm a bit like that about eggs too :puke: esp fried :puke: :puke:

9. abcd1234

abcd1234 Well-Known Member

I watched that with the chicks too then had a huge arguement with myself about "why did they have to die" and why coudlnt they have orderd all bloody female chickens! or sold the male ones to someone else.
    i'm not too bothered about chickens dying for meat, its those chicks, they havn't lived and their death serves no purpose.
    Just like i watched the chicken run with that other guy, that upset me, but i only buy free range stuff anyways so i didnt feel like i'm condoning chicken cruelty

10. Geordie&Bairn

Geordie&Bairn Well-Known Member

Im with you there Rebecca
    I hate the smell of lamb to! and since i becames pregnant the smell of it being cooked for the childrens meals at work has sent me rushing to the toilet to be sick. it is a horrible smell yuck

11. abcd1234

abcd1234 Well-Known Member

theres something about lamb obviously cos i have to leave at the smell of it!!! I've never been hugely keen but now the thought makes me wanna puke :puke: