i just did a dumb thing

Suzie and Faith

Reaction score
I was bored so was watching 4OD on my laptop and i started watching 'Jamie's fowl dinners'
they had male chicks
they killed them there and then

and now i'm sobbing

I was a veggie for 6 years and a couple of years ago i gave it up. I think i've just returned to veggie-dom.

:(

I cant watch things like that....I love chickens. I also eat them but I love them.

:hug:

I dont think about where my food comes from tbh, its been this way for YEARS

xx

I know its the way things have always been and i know it's kinda natural for humans to eat meat. I just think too much about things.

I have a friend who eats meat but if it is pork or bacon she said that is a food of its own and wasnt from a piggy cause otherwise she cant eat it.

I eat meat
But i dont like seeing the food i eat die.
I cant eat lamb as i can't stand the thought of those poor lambies been taken from thier mummies. And the distress that must cause and ive heard the mummies our distressed for along time afterward bleeting in grief as they search for thier babies
Horrible.
But i do eat pig cow chicken and fish.

It bugs me, the fact that now i feel like i can't eat meat.
I now have the hassle of ensuring i get all my vitamins and i have to check labels etc.
I know it's my own choice but i don't feel like it is. I'm too sentimental!

Poor you BabyBee :hug: hormones make us so sensitive at the moment!

I hate the taste of meat usually but since being pregnant all I've wanted are steaks and bacon. I can't STAND the smell or taste of lamb. It's so bad that if someone's having it on the same table as me I'll be sick. I have to turn down invites to wedding receptions if it's the main course.

Luckily my OH doesn't eat lamb for the same reasons as Sarah (geordielass) so we don't have it in our house and my friends are kind enough not to order it when we go out.

I'm a bit like that about eggs too :puke: esp fried :puke: :puke:

I watched that with the chicks too then had a huge arguement with myself about "why did they have to die" and why coudlnt they have orderd all bloody female chickens! or sold the male ones to someone else.
i'm not too bothered about chickens dying for meat, its those chicks, they havn't lived and their death serves no purpose.
Just like i watched the chicken run with that other guy, that upset me, but i only buy free range stuff anyways so i didnt feel like i'm condoning chicken cruelty

debecca said:
I hate the taste of meat usually but since being pregnant all I've wanted are steaks and bacon. I can't STAND the smell or taste of lamb. It's so bad that if someone's having it on the same table as me I'll be sick. I have to turn down invites to wedding receptions if it's the main course.

Luckily my OH doesn't eat lamb for the same reasons as Sarah (geordielass) so we don't have it in our house and my friends are kind enough not to order it when we go out.
:puke: :puke:

Im with you there Rebecca
I hate the smell of lamb to! and since i becames pregnant the smell of it being cooked for the childrens meals at work has sent me rushing to the toilet to be sick. it is a horrible smell yuck

theres something about lamb obviously cos i have to leave at the smell of it!!! I've never been hugely keen but now the thought makes me wanna puke :puke:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back