i just cant bring myself

jodie_honey

Reaction score
to do my GSB test!
its been sat lookin at me for a week and i really dont want to stick something up my bum :cry: :shakehead:
anyone else done one?

yeh group strep b test.
its not routine and they dont do it on the nhs unless u have had it before so i have sent for a private one and have to do 2 swab tests myself and have to pay £32 for the results. to me that is well worth it to put my mind at ease. but u have to put one swab in your foo foo and one in ur bum and i really dont want to lol

Ahhh yes I know that test just didnt know the abbreviation lol :roll:

Im afraid Im not much good here as I am well used to being poked and prodded as I have Crohn's Disease and have had a fair few colonoscopies... :shock: :lol:

At least once you have done it its all over with :hug: :hug:

I did one - it is only a teeny tiny swab so its not too bad - mine was negative so I am reassured and it was worth it for that, I wouldnt have minded if it was positive so long as I knew and could have the antibiotics if necessary :hug: :hug:

32 QUID... bloody hell!!!!!

We get them done free over here.. I did my swabs on Monday.. (the bum one wasn't particuly pleasent or easy with a 38 week bump :rotfl: )

I don't know if I would have it done if I had to pay for it... but considering 30% of women have strep b in their genital tract... and that doesn't include the % of people that carry it around in their nose/throat/bowels etc, then I suppose its worth it.. :think:

Only a small % of women who have strep b, and give birth, have babies with any problems, but its still something to consider.

Sorry for the graphic question..but how far up your bum does it have to go?? That kinda thing is horrible, before my D&C I had to put a pessary up my bum :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back