I heart omeprazole!

Gayle30

Reaction score
For those who followed my little diva's feeding issues and trips to hospital with a girl who just would not feed, I thought I would share an update.

Shes been on omeprazole for 5 weeks. And in the 5 weeks shes put on 3lbs 5oz and gone from drinking 9oz of milk to taking approx 26oz plus 3 meals per day. Shes completleg changed and is much happier in general. We have kind of missed out on her 3-6 clothes as shes jumped from 0-3 to 6-9!!!!

Shes still not picking foods up to eat or making any effort to try the spoon herself but she now sits at the table with us and opens her wee mouth like a baby bird.

Shes been diacharged by the SALT and will see the consultant next week. There was talk of doing allergy tests but as she is doing so well on Nutramigem I doubt they will. She will still follow a dairy free diet and still has domperidone. But all in all she is a different child.

Her daddy and I are so proud, and thank you for showing support when I really needed it. It was a dark time for me and I Was lead to believe that she was fine and would eat when hungry. Clearly there was something far wrong and I only wish I had been supported better by our gp and hv as it took 6 long months to get to the bottom of this. Which is sad really as reflux amd cmpi can be treated.

Thanks to you all xxxxx
tapatalking

just saw this on facebook. Thats brilliant!!!! so glad all the eating problems are behind you. We never had it half as bad as you but what we had was still bloody horrible!

you and Diva deserve to enjoy feeding time now. Have fun!! x

So pleased for you and your lovely girl. I know how difficult it is to fight against the system and how disappointed and frustrated you can get.

Well done sweetie, you are a fab mummy and Daisy Grace is lucky to have you. Big hug xx

I really am so so chuffed for you. It's so great to hear such a positive update on your beautiful girl! I love seeing pics of her looking so happy covered in food on here & Facebook! It's all credit to you how far she's come! You are one amazing mummy :) xxx

It's amazing she is doing so well. So pleased something finally worked for her. Well done for getting through it all mummy! X

Awwwww, bless ya, hun. So glad things are better, and YAY for new clothes. I love buying new things for Tilly. I went to buy clothes for myself on Saturday and ended up buying more for her than me. Give DG a cuddle from me and T xxx

Awwwww, bless ya, hun. So glad things are better, and YAY for new clothes. I love buying new things for Tilly. I went to buy clothes for myself on Saturday and ended up buying more for her than me. Give DG a cuddle from me and T xxx

I have a boy and I do this?? Goodness knows what will happen if I have a girl!! Xx

I have a boy and I do this?? Goodness knows what will happen if I have a girl!! Xx
I LOVE boy's clothes too. In fact, T has a few bits that are from the boys' sections and I don't care. The colours suit her. I think I'd enjoy dressing a boy just as much :):) xxx

i heart omeprazole too, its always been good to me lol

Thanks ladies. I really mean it when I say without your support I would have been a right mess.

Guess what Diva had to eat tonight? ! Only quorn sweet and sour chicken and rice of my plate! Gone from refusing anything to sharing with mummy. She really doesnt like anything bland. Every day she amazes us xxx

tapatalking

I love omeprazole too!!! My baby boy is like a new child! xx

Thanks ladies. I really mean it when I say without your support I would have been a right mess.

Guess what Diva had to eat tonight? ! Only quorn sweet and sour chicken and rice of my plate! Gone from refusing anything to sharing with mummy. She really doesnt like anything bland. Every day she amazes us xxx

tapatalking
:) Go DG! Tilly loves quorn and strong tasting foods too. I don't blame her for wanting the tasty stuff xxx

tapatalking
:) Go DG! Tilly loves quorn and strong tasting foods too. I don't blame her for wanting the tasty stuff xxx

Anything must taste better than her godawful milk! But yeah shes not keen on bland things. Amd managed the texture fine! Xx

tapatalking

Awe is he. Ha. I wish she could havw cheese. But the dairy free stuff isnt nice! Xx

tapatalking

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back