I have made it! Can they tell sex by heartbeat?

Julia

Reaction score
Hi girls

I have finally made it to the third trimester. I had the midwife appointment today and she said that from the hearbeat it is a "so called boy"....BUT....she considered this to be a myth! What do you think out there? I am 27 weeks so I don't know if I am here too soon - some say 27, some say 28 weeks!! Anyway - good to be here! Hope time goes fast until birth...

Julia xx

Hello and welcome!

I to have just made it to the third trimester and am very excited!!!

They say a high heartbeat is girl and a lower heartbeat is a boy. It is true in my case, heartbeat is always in the 150's and ultrasound confirmed we are having a girl! I hope you enjoy the last part of the journey!

Good Luck!

xoxo Ree

they cant really tell till ur baby is engaged so latter part of pg my doc told me at 40 weeks i was having a boy n he was rite - but u r rite ree 77 lower beat is boy but till 40 weeks it was a heart beat for a gal

Welcome! This is where the aches and pains begin again!!!! hooray!!! :lol:

L x

The heartbeat myth was right for me :D High heartrate and I had a girl :)

Damiens heart rate was on the border line or 140bmp normally. Under this is a boy, over is a girl. sometimes it was 145bmp and sometimes 135bmp baselines.

Hello

Mine has always been in the high forties and my last visit on monday at 39 weeks it was 152bpm, and my ultrasound says girl so it must be right oh and welcome to the third trimester.
Katrina

It didn't work for me. I was so convinced I was having a little girl (even packed pink babygro in hospital bag), because heartrate alway high between 145 - 157. Out popped a little boy!!! Shocked, but delighted!!
Emilia xx

Thanks for your responses, girls!

I have also heard that if you are carrying low it is a boy, if it is all front it is a girl - any truth in these myths?

Does the last 12 weeks go quickly or do they dddrrraaaaggggg?

Hello

well i think this really depends im all in front and having a girl but know a friend whos had two boys and carried high??
For me the last month dragged and is still dragging lol, but for others it flies by, prob didnt help you mcuh did i?
Katrina :D

I carried right round and had a girl. The last few weeks flew by!!

I am definately more 'Up front' - everyone comments on it and I am having a girl! I have hardly put weight on anywhere else

I did the chinese charts and all those other silly prediction things and they all said I was having a girl!!!!!...strange but true!!!!......

I thought from the beginning i was having a girl as I read a list of 'symptons' of having a girl and I had all of them (honnestly not making this up!)

L x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back