I have group B strep 19 weeks

Lee04

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I’m currently 19 weeks and 5 days pregnant. I had swabs done (UK) and they have come back positive for group B strep, has anyone else had this during pregnancy? What happened during labour? Was your little one okay?
Many thanks

Hi girls,

I’m currently 19 weeks and 5 days pregnant. I had swabs done (UK) and they have come back positive for group B strep, has anyone else had this during pregnancy? What happened during labour? Was your little one okay?
Many thanks
You will have to let your midwife know when you're at the hospital. They will give you antibiotics when in labour because you can infect the baby when it comes out and can possibly make them very sick.
I haven't had it but it's very common apparently!x

Hiya, your midwife will put a sticker on the front of your notes and you’ll get iv antibiotics during labour. I’ve just had my baby and all fine! It’s been picked up so that’s the important thing.

I tested positive for it with my 2nd.. was fine. Got a sticker put on my notes so when I went into Labour the MW knew I needed antibiotics. He was born with no complications. This time round I will get antibiotics again. Need to get new sticker on my new notes for this pg

I found out that I was positive for this when I found out I was pregnant at the first appointment with my GP.

I was initially very worried, lits of worst case scenarios going through my head. I've since had a chat with a friend of mine who is a midwife and all of the news was very reassuring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back