I Have Gestational Diabetes

kazlin

Reaction score
A midwife just rang me to let me know. It's not too high, but high enough to have to be monitored for the rest of the pregnancy.
I'm back up the hospital on Mon to have another scan (get to see LO again, yay) and off to Diabetic Clinic on Tue.

I'm not too worried about myself, but I am for little Dan man, I hope he's going to be ok.

Does anyone else have this?

aww sorry :hug:
but at least ur getting an extra eye kept on you.
im pretty sure squig had GD :think: :think:

OH NO :hug:

what does this mean for you and the birth?

Aw hun :(

But - at least it's not too severe. SHouldn't mean too much. It can mean that bubs will be on the large size due to getting too much sugar I think, but if monitered well it shouldn't pose any real problems for the birth :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: at least they know you have it now so they can prevent it from becoming a problem

i had gd when i was pg with jayde if you need to ask any questions just pm me hun im quite willing to answer anything hun :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm being tested for it, went to see midwife last night.

Been told there's pretty much nothing to worry about so your LO (and mine) should be fine.

:hug:

:hug: Sorry to hear that you have got it but at least it's not too bad. I'm sure you will get the care and advice you need and you and Dan will be fine!

Im being tested for this to on the 5th feb. How did they find out you had it? did you have a GTT?

The hospital think that i have this too, when i was taken to hospital last night my glucose in my wee was off the chart! I am having the blood tests on saturday morning so fingers crossed i dont have it.

On the plus side i might get induced at 36 weeks.....LOL! :rotfl:

Are you getting any scans to estimate the weight of the baby before the birth?

Thank you everyone for your replies :)

jaydesmummy - I will be PMing you over next couple of days.

charliebeth - have you been diagnosed with this yet?

I have to go to see a consultant next Monday to have another scan, think they want to measure him etc...hope I can ask for another pic :think:
Tuesday I have to go to the hospitals diabetic clinic to chat to someone, then take it from there.

kellysomer - please keep me updated on how you get on. I'll have my fingers crossed for you too. At least if you have, they will keep a close eye on you.

Oh no. I was diagnosed with GD at 32 weeks.
I really feel for you. :hug: :hug: ..
O n the bright side i ate the best diet i ever had and felt great.
Had to have insulin at 34 weeks.
If you need any advice PM me.
Or you are one of my face book friends :D

:hug: :hug: :hug: I hope you are ok. Luckily diet should help it and it shouldn't cause too many problems for you and baby. (I get checked for GD frequently too, not got it yet, but I am at a higher risk of gettting it.)

charliebeth - have you been diagnosed with this yet?

I go back to the midwife today. She noticed the high glucose last week when I have having blood taken anyway, but she wants to re-test my pee today.

How are you feeling?

Hi Hun.. I had GD...

I got diagnosed around 27 weeks after a routine test... I wasn't overweight, or anything like that either so it was completely random.

I had a diet I had to follow of 2000 calories a day, not that I could ever eat as much as the diet told me too... it was pretty filling even it was boring, but you can easily stick to it... I even managed to sneak in some xmas chocolate :) without my sugar levels going nuts. I also had to test my sugar levels 6 times a day every other day... It's a bit iffy to get used to sticking yourself with a pin in the side of your finger (it hurts less there than the tip) but you get used to it and soon its like water off a ducks back.

I managed to control mine just by what I ate although little miss was born slightly hypoglycaemic but then I hadn't eaten much the days leading up to the birth because I had felt so ill. It doesn't really have a huge effect on the baby... other than the size (which can be on the large size) and sometimes they have the low blood sugar when born.

I was told that they don't routinely induce for GD any more either unless the mother has a problem with controlling her blood sugar through her diet. I was a bit upset at first when I was told but as it turns out its not as serious as it sounds.... :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: If you have any questions just pm me... :)

How are you feeling now? How did the MW go? My test came back normal so i dont have it but it did worry me for a bit.

How are you feeling now? How did the MW go? My test came back normal so i dont have it but it did worry me for a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back