I have been diagnosed with a Blighted Ovum

suzan

Reaction score
HI all,

I went to day to see another doc. They did an ultrasound. Sac got bigger, it measures now 5w 2d but as we all see in my ticker I should be 7w 1d.

Doctor diagnosed me with a Blighted ovum. For those who dont know what is it, its when fertilization and implantation happen, sac is created, but baby will never exist.(read more about it here http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pre...ghtedovum.html)

I can still have an increase in hcg levels, pregnancy symptoms, no cramps, everythings, but still, it's a blighted ovum. It's just bad luck, nothing more and nothing less.

I cried a lot at the doctor's, but then what? there was never a baby in there in the first place, so I never lost one. I am just hurt because I started dreaming, and thought will carry our miracle in July 08. I am still dreaming to have a baby miracle in 08 though, doc advised me to take a break for 2 months bec he wants to monitor me, and in the third, we can start trying again. I am optimistic, that maybe, maybe, we can have a 08 miracle baby inside of my heart

I wont post a sad smilie, why? Life goes on. I am heartbroken yes, but then what? I will just hurt myself, my DH and family. I wont tell family but only after D&C which will take place on next Wednesday.. Doc said we can have a final ultrasound and if nothing shows, the do D&C after it. I wont wait and see if maybe baby appears, I just want time to pass and try again.

Below are the pics of the ultrasound, as u can see, yes, its empty and measuring less.. in the second pic u can see blood around it, which might be not good.

susana1zp8.jpg

susana7gi0.jpg

It was nice being part of the July EDD, I cant wait now to know the exact EDD of my little one.

Good luck everyone.

I'm really sorry for your loss hun. Allow yourself to grieve if you need to though :hug:

Awwww suzan :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm so sorry for you and your DH. This is not the outcome I was hoping for you and I really do feel for you.

I think you have said some very wise words in your post and I think given a little time, as your doctor said you can start trying again.

Have a few more of these :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: and I really do hope its not too long till we hear some good news from you.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Really really sorry to read your news Suzan. I think you are an extremely brave lady, as has been previously said, you've said some very wise words.

It is really positive that you are going to give yourself the time to get over this before trying again. I hope you don't mind me saying this but I I never had the strength to do that!!! Fortunately, it took me 3 months to conceive again, and I am glad now that it didn't happen earlier as I think it would have just been too much.

All the very best and take care of yourself :hug: :hug:

really sorry to hear this hun
i had the same thing back in may
good luck for next time
manda xx

thank u all.

it's almost 4am where i live, i cant sleep and i cant stop crying :cry:
I have to let it out bec or else i will suffocate

This is exactly what I am going through.
I was told on tuesday so if you want to pm me at all, please do and we can go through it together

:hug:

So sorry to hear this Suzan - I know what you're going through and it does get better with time. All of our thoughts are with you :hug:

So sorry Suzan :hug:

Look after yourself in the next few weeks xxx

so sorry to hear about your news...
i had a blighted ovum back in May... i was distraught.... youll get through this...I PROMISE.

xxxx lots and lots of hugs coming your way hunny xxxxxx :hug: :hug:

I'm thinking about you susan, and i wish you all the best on your 08 miracle.
I really admire your strength, you are the type of person that helps others after their loss and you have all us to now be there for you xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back