I had to!

missac

Reaction score
I thought I would never quit, my life was ruled by smoking, if we ever went out I had to make sure that I was going to go to a smoking place, or I wouldn't go, every thing I did I made damn sure I would get a fag!

Then I fell pregnant, and I stopped!!!! Just like that, didn't have another one - very bizarre, had no moods or cravings because I had something else to focus on, to me it was never really an option.

I know I sound holier than thou and I am not trying to be I just wanted to let you all know that if I can do it you can too!!!

p.s. (I also have in the back of my mind, well if I really want one I can have one in seven months, and hopefully won't want one then, but at least I would only be hurting myself!) People ask me if I will start once I had the baby, and all I say is I hope not (deep down I am a smoker just one that doesn't smoke!)

also, my husband gave up too, all the more money for our little bean! :)

missac said:
(deep down I am a smoker just one that doesn't smoke!)

:rotfl: Me too hun!

I gave up 14 weeks tomorrow, the day I found out I was pregnant. I just couldn't do it.......picturing my little bubba surrounded by cigarette smoke. But I think deep down I will start again when he/she's born :(
I'm hoping I will never smoke like I used too, but I am looking forward to a nice pint and a cigarette! :D

mmmmmm, pint of lager tops and a fag, heaven!!!!!!

I think ill always be a smoker too.....i quit going on 7 years ago!
Well done to you girls you should be proud.

well done everyone ive been a non smoker now for about 5 weeks and still feel like i will always be a smoker im hoping this time will be different and i wont go back to it after baby is born :pray: xxxxx

Rach you're doing really well :clap: so there's no reason why you should go back to if once baby's born...you'll be too busy to think about smoking by then anyway :dance:

Well done!! :clap: :cheer:

You are an inspiration to me and others, keep it up! :dance:

Well done girls, I need to set my quit date, am waiting till the stress of the scans etc is out the way then I want to go for it! I gave up in the end with Damien but started when he was 4 or 5 weeks old when I'd stopped expressing and he'd been in hospital. Naughty mummy!

Send me some quitting positivity! :cheer:

Sami said:
Well done girls, I need to set my quit date, am waiting till the stress of the scans etc is out the way then I want to go for it! I gave up in the end with Damien but started when he was 4 or 5 weeks old when I'd stopped expressing and he'd been in hospital. Naughty mummy!

Send me some quitting positivity! :cheer:

i heard its not good to stop instantly when preg and to slowly cut down as baby will be ued to the smoke.

good luck sami, its hard work i imagin? my mum smoked with my 4 for sibblings but didnt with me. but after 25yrs of smoking she stoped jan 05 and aint looked back since

Well done evryone.

I did the same, found out I was preggers and I quit, cold turkey, no patches or Gum or anything. I have tried before and always started again afetr a few weeks, it must be my subconsious this time, I know im not just hurting myself!! I havnt even wanted one or craved one! and the double bonus is, we got back from greece in July and I have about 400 fags left in my draw and I aint even been tempted to get a packed, I think ill sell them on and make some £££££ he he he

My OH hasnt quit yet but he has cut down dramatically! he is a bugger. He hangs out of the bedroom window if Im in the living room, or the balcony doors if im in the bedroom and only has 1/2 but I can still smell it, it doesnt bother me at all, but I pretend it does so he feels guilty and hopefully quits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back