I fell over :(

Lulula

Reaction score
I'm 39 weeks today with induction booked at 40+2. My son is at his dads this weekend so OH and I went to Bristol today for mooch round the shops and a meal out - the last child free day we're going to have for ages!

Anyway my sleeping pattern is terrible at the moment and I am up for 2-4 hours during the night on average and I doze in the day when I can. So was walking through Bristol and my legs just gave way! I fell straight forward but luckily my knee was underneath me. OH picked me up and staff from barbers shop came rushing out and invited us in and gave me a glass of water. Feel really shaky now and just so grateful my knee took the impact. I think I've pulled something where my leg was folded under me and I've took the skin off my knee. Haven't felt baby move since but that's not unusual as she's so quiet now where she is running out of room and I didn't fall on her at all.

Just relieved it wasn't worse and think I'm going to stay in bed for the next week until she's here!

Oh hun I hope you're ok xx nice of the barbers shop staff to look after u xx

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Ahhh you poor thing!
I find the worst thing about falling over isn't the pain it causes but just the shock of it all - it's horrible and must be a million times worse when pregnant.
I hope you feel better soon xxx

Just sat quietly with a cup of tea and she's pushing her feet out so feel bit better now. Yes it was a shock. Just happened do quick. Was clinging onto Andy walking back to the car as I was doubting myself and thinking I would do it again! Will be so relieved once she is safely here xxx

Oh you poor thing, take it easy and put your feet up. xxx

PS - off topic, but where are you in The Cotswolds?

Sounds like rest is exactly what you need. Not much longer, take care of yourself.

Are you Rhesus negative as you will need anti D injection within 72 hours of a fall. Hope you are both ok.

I am a neg but thought that was only if u hit bump? I might give hosp a quick buzz to check xxx

You poor thing as if bein pregnant isn't worrying enough hope you manage to rest up and recover quickly x

Awww no. That's horrid. Falling is bad at the best of times when you're a grown up! Take it easy lovely, glad bump is ok xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back