I feel terrible- toddler teeth

Toni.C

Reaction score
We've been experiencing terrible twos for the last 3 months (he's 2 in Feb) which makes any task a mammoth battle including teeth brushing. We always try and do once a day be it the morning or evening. He still has a bottle of cows milk before bed so if been doing his teeth in the bath and then he'd have bottle and go to bed. Well this evening I've seen he's got a small brown patch on the back of one of his teeth. I'm so mad with myself for not doing a better job at cleaning his teeth as I'm now thinking he's got tooth decay :wall2: :cry:

I've got crap teeth myself and vowed he'd never have the same issue. He never has anything but milk or water in a Sippy cup and rarely has sweets or squash unless it's a little bit of ours. Could it be in the genes? Or am I just being a crap mum? I'm going to call the dentist tomorrow and get him in.

Toni I have be exact same issue as you. I've not been able to see anything in my boy's teeth though. Have found that if I let him brush my teeth he's distracted enough to let me brush his. This has worked a few times any way! I'm the same though with having so many issues with my teeth. Fx it's just a little stain but fx the dentist can give you some advice.

Aw please don't feel terrible. As above it might just be a stain. With my 18 month old in the morning I hold her and run her brush under the tap brush a little then run it under the tap again and repeat, after I've brushed them I put tooth paste on the brush and let her chew at it. I think she likes the refreshing water when I do it that way. Her mood isn't always the best on an evening, sometimes she'll brush them herself with tooth paste and copy me so I can see her putting it all over her mouth, sometimes she'll let me Do a bit sometimes we don't have an evening brush

It's a tough job at this age so don't be too hard on yourself. The dentist will be able to give some tips

I feel a bit silly, after dinner last night I went to check his teeth again and show my Oh and it had gone. I think it was a piece of ryvita that had got stuck to the back of his tooth despite me trying to scratch it off :blush:

But either way, we are going to have to try some of the techniques suggested to get him to tolerate having his teeth brushed better. Thank you for the suggestions and I do apologise for my panicky post :oooo:

I feel a bit silly, after dinner last night I went to check his teeth again and show my Oh and it had gone. I think it was a piece of ryvita that had got stuck to the back of his tooth despite me trying to scratch it off :blush:

But either way, we are going to have to try some of the techniques suggested to get him to tolerate having his teeth brushed better. Thank you for the suggestions and I do apologise for my panicky post :oooo:

My lg hated her teeth being brushed. It was a nightmare! So I took her to Tesco and let her buy a frozen electric one! Don't get me wrong it was pricey but it made such a difference to her cooperation! It's still not a. Freeze but she's defo more willing and now the rule is mummy brushed her teeth first then she gets a go herself. Seems to work a treat! X

45f7fe2b42b475939b486aeb77cd866e.png

I swear by these x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back