I feel so unprepared!

Jojo84

Reaction score
I'm 31 weeks pregnant with My second child and feel so unprwpaews! I feel like I bought nothing but maybe it's because I've still got everything... Idk

All I've bought is a new set of bottles and some clothing! I bought a perfect peep, I'm going double buggy shopping next month and I'm shopping around for a new mattress for our space saver cot.

What am I missing? What do I need for baby 2 that I didn't need for baby 1?

Its hard to say, but to be honest I probably wont need to buy that much and I didnt keep lots from J.

I only need to buy cot, clothes and pram. The fiddley things I have like bath etc. But we always half the stuff we dont really need when we move on to the second baby.

If theres anything extra Im sure it wont be anything urgent.

xxxx

I feel the same I feel like some days I don't even think about this baby arriving as I am so busy with DD1, work, home etc. I have bought a couple of carriers/wraps to wear DD2 which will make running around after a 3 year old easier and mean we can keep up with walks off road etc which with a buggy would be difficult.
We have a new moses basket for this one, new bottles, perfect prep.....some new newborn/0-3 clothes as above that age I still have some of DD1 clothes....

I'm the same! We had to buy a new pram. Still had our Moses basket but bedding we needed and we've had most of that given. We got a cot bed 2nd hand but no nursery to put it in! And some bits of clothing but not knowing whether it's a boy or girl we haven't got much, and we've also had a lot given. In fact if you looked round our house now you wouldn't think we were having a baby- oh just remembered we have bottles/ steriliser still in box in the garage lol x

I feel the same.

I have a bouncer but dnt like it so decided to buy a 2nd hand mamaroo! I love the look of them!
Ive hardly needed a thing this time! Just some clothes even tho he has tones from Noah. Bottles and sterliser..

Most Expensive thing is a new bed for Noah so Charlie could have his cotbed! X

We have a space saver cot that will do baby a good while so we're,saving bed for Xmas present then putting new baby into cotbed when they move out if our room

I'm the same even though I now everything paid for except the pram which is looking like it will be mid April when that will be paid off!
Time seems to have sped up again and the weeks are flying by now x

I know what you mean... Time seemed to drag and then speed up again. I've got a few busy weeks ahead and then by the time by busy weeks are done I'll be 35 weeks

I'm the same with having a 3rd boy, I still have everything but still feel like I'm not organised. Our biggest expenses were a new car, a new bed for Harry so James can have the toddler bed and baby the cot bed and then a new car seat for Harry so everyone can move up freeing the infant carrier for baby.

Even trying to organise my birth box for home I have no idea what I need to buy lol some newborn nappies and big pants and pads for me xx

I've got appts all over the place then it's gonna be Easter and by the time the kids go back to school il be 37 weeks...school holidays always go to quick so it's becoming even more real now x

Same!! I'm 35w2d with second and we are still on with decorating nursery!! I've bought new bottles, perfect prep, change bag and a few essential whites etc. really need to pack hospital bags soon but for some reason just keep putting it off!! Baby will be here soon!!!!!! X

I've had to buy almost nothing for this baby because I saved everything from dd1, and we're having another girl.
For ages I felt like I wasn't doing enough to get ready for her, but then I realised that there really wasn't much to do or buy!

When your baby is born, they will need somewhere to sleep, feeding, clothing, changing and transport. That's pretty much it. If you have all that, you're as ready as you need to be! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back