I dunno if I'm proud or disappointed

pinkyprincess

Reaction score
Tyler wouldn't take a dummy! I hate the things with a passion but been driven to trying.

Basically he doesn't sleep in the day unless he's sucking on me and on my lap (hence all my time on here)

Since day one I've been making an effort to put him in his basket when he falls asleep so he wakes up there and is used to it. At night if he wakes up when I'm putting him down 80% of the time he'll fuss a while then go to sleep on his own. In the day time he fusses for about 20 mins then crys. In the morning he goes down perfectly and will sleep 45 mins to an hour but past 1pm he'll only sleep on my lap when attached to my nipple. I'm getting nothing done :| I can get his nipple out and he'll stay asleep and he'll either wake when I move him or 5 mins after being down.

What can I do?

Sophie won't take a dummy and prefers to sleep on my chest so I let her settle till she's in a good sleep and I know it's frowned upon but I put her down on her front in her crib and play white noise if she's a bit unsettled and just keep a constant eye on her. Xx

Mine is exactly the same and its still no better no matter what I try and he's now 4 mths, so I don't have any advice but I might thread stalk this incase anyone else does :)

Joshua is exactly the same. I've tried a dummy over past couple of days but he spits it out. Like you I'm happy but not at the same time. He loves to be on me and even more so to be attached to me. If I know Joshua has had a good feed, I normally pass him to hubby and he has him on he chest. Because hubby doesn't smell of milk, he seems to sometimes settle better. But then other times he'll only settle on me. It's a bit hit n miss really. But I suppose it's still early days for us. I'll be thread stalking too to see if anyone else has advice.xx

Have you tried putting some of your breast milk on a muslin???? Sounds like he's attached to your own distinctive smell and it's comforting to him maybe that will help him settle in his basket or bouncer :) xxx

Kynon is the same too, hence also why I'm on here a lot! He does suck his thumb and tickle his cotton bib so I've started letting him have the bib to sleep with, think he connects it with being fed. I wait till he's in a deep sleep then carefully move him to his crib/pram and it's hit and miss if he stays asleep! I can roll the pram about and he goes back off for a bit. Generally at night he stays asleep as it's quiet and dark but this took months of doing the same routine every night! Hang in there and be consistent and eventually he will understand he can't stay attached to you 24 hours a day (but maybe 12 lol) I always do night and bed time feeds in my bedroom in a dark room but day feeds I do in the noisy living room on the sofa so he understands the difference.

Caitlin still won't sleep in her cot during the day and she is ten months lol, as soon as i put her down she wakes and won't go back to sleep, I just enjoy the 45 mins cuddle on the sofa with her,

I havent read all the answers so i dont know if anyones put this,, but if you really need o get stuff done id invest in a baby carrier or sling! Was a godsend for me as charlie used to be so clingy... i started to put him on his mat more in the day and lie next to him as opposed to hoolding him all the time, he got a bit less clingy and now most of the time he will go down for naps fine,, but for the first 2-3 months i just carried him around in the sling and got my hwork done whilst he slept! Now if hes tired he just wants ti be wrapped up and left allone lol! Xx

Have you tried different dummy, my lo didnt have one to start I had the same issue but eventually found a dummy he would take. Hes still fussy now at 11 months.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back