I don't want a mw appt!

Iwant3

Reaction score
This may sound crazy, but with my first mc I didn't even make my first mw appt! and with the second I went at 8 weeks filled out all these forms and paperwork, but mc at 10 weeks!

Now i am pregnant again, I don't even want to see a midwife in the first trimester! does that sound mad? I can't face calling to book the appt and sit there and go through everything, and have her discuss my birth options with me when I am not convinced there will be a birth! that's the non PMA part of me talking!

Of course, it could go in my favour and the mw will see how completely worried and scared I am that she may book an early scan (doubt it)....save me booking the private one.

I'm just gonna have to call and book aren't I - otherwise I won't get an appt at 8 weeks as the mw clinic is only on Monday afternoons here :(

I was the same cos u had just booked mines last time and can't face the thought of cancelling them again. I plucked up the courage to do it tue tho after bloods. Keep going with the pma hon, it's just so hard sometimes x x

I thought the exact same thing, I have MW booking appt on Monday and she was going to send me up to EPU to have an early scan later that day (because of Previous partial molar, I have to have an early one)

Anyway, my mother in law works at the hospital in Ultrasound and has managed to get me in tomorrow afternoon so then I can either go to MW knowing there is a baby or cancel it before going through all the questions.

I would have hated to sit there on Monday, go through the questions and then go up to the hospital to find no bean x

I was wondering if I can use the same book of notes we filled in last time and just change the dates! as it seems such a waste to sit the for over an hour answering questions! I was going to get an early scan done on the 17th when I will be 7+6.......and then my first mw appt will be on 19th at 8+1 - so at least I can know all ok before I go or not! but I still need to book it now to get that date!

Sorry for your losses I completely understand this with my first miscarriage I had seen my midwife and booked my scan and everything it was horrible my second miscarriage I wasn't far enough along to see a midwife and this time I didn't see my midwife until 11+5 x

I agree, such a waste of time I really don't understand why they need to do it again. I had bloods taken in march, April and July. First at booking in, second a week later before erpc (apparently it was too difficult to find the results from the bloods a week earlier so they just did them again and then again at next booking in appt. such a waste of time and resources pretty sure my blood group won't change!!! Anyway it's just the way the system works so you just have to grin and bear it! X.

I totally agree. I'm putting off booking mine too. Went through a few things with her at my first appt last time and then had a mc about a week later. I'm currently only 4+5 so going to see how long I can leave it before contacting them. Planning on not getting in touch for about another 4wks.
I assume it can't hurt that much to wait a while as some people don't even know they're pregnant for months.

Can understand why you wudnt want to, i wud defo talk to mw about an early scan tho surely you shud defo b able to have one to put your mind at ease.

Michelle. x

Totally with you on this week hun.

I called my doctor on Monday, who has sent a request to EPU for a reassurance scan (because of previous mcs). He suggested I hold off a midwife appointment until the scan has taken place - which I am relieved at - as nothing much happens at the first appointment apart from lots of paperwork and meeting your Midwife (well it didn't at mine). Cant you ask your doctor to refer you for a scan - it was my EPU that suggested I do this.

xxx

Congratulations on your BFP. I was the same as you when I got pregnant this time. Fortunately I had been told by EPAS to contact them directly whenever I got a BFP and they'd give me an early scan so I waited until 8 weeks before having scan and booking MW appt. it's meant I was a bit behind with everything but I couldn't go through another wasted MW appt. keeping everything crossed for you this time x

It isn't policy for my area to do scans for reassurance! they always take it that if you haven't had any bleeding then it's ok and to wait for your dating scan!

my docs aren't very sympathetic to my situation tbh! with my last miscarriage I was in such a state my bp went through the roof and they kept me at the surgery - they booked me a scan for 3 days time which I broke down about because Icouldn't stand the days of not knowing- so they put me on diazapam for 3 days to keep me calm (out of it) until my scan!!!!! :(

This may sound crazy, but with my first mc I didn't even make my first mw appt! and with the second I went at 8 weeks filled out all these forms and paperwork, but mc at 10 weeks!

Now i am pregnant again, I don't even want to see a midwife in the first trimester! does that sound mad? I can't face calling to book the appt and sit there and go through everything, and have her discuss my birth options with me when I am not convinced there will be a birth! that's the non PMA part of me talking!

Of course, it could go in my favour and the mw will see how completely worried and scared I am that she may book an early scan (doubt it)....save me booking the private one.

I'm just gonna have to call and book aren't I - otherwise I won't get an appt at 8 weeks as the mw clinic is only on Monday afternoons here :(

I met mine at 10 weeks. im just going with the flow really. it gave me peace of mind to have the appointments, i am such a worrier. x

It's crazy how much the approach differs in different areas. I've dealt more with my local EPAS than MW. It was only after I reached 12 weeks with this one that EPAS discharged me x

Only just seen you got a bfp hun, not been around on here much. Woo! Congratulations!! Xx

Aww I'm sorry you feel like this huni! :( ... I personally think you should book an app with midwife so they can monitor you. Just be honest with her huni , tell her about your mc's and concerns for this baba and tell her you'd feel a lot more comfortable if you were to have an early scan. Most midwifes are quite sympathetic xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back