I don't understand my own body

goingmad

Reaction score
Hello I'm new so soz if I am doing this wrong or it's in the wrong place. I also don't know much of the lingo. :oooo:

I'm 26 and I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 17. In 2016 I lost 3 and a half stone which has brought on more periods. Before I was having them a few times a year and recently I have had more regular periods. Though my cycle lengths are rarely ever the same. Anyways..

My last period was December 1-6th after being on Agnus Castus for just 2 weeks. It was my least painful period ever and what I'm guessing is a rather normal flow (usually my periods are very painful and heavy). I continued to take AC until I had a positive ovulation test on 21st December then I stopped taking it. This is the first month I had tried using OPKs. Around that date hubby and I had unprotected relations a few times :lol: we have been trying since August.

Now, what I am really struggling with is that I had been having a weird, on and off very mild but very noticeable crampy/twingy feeling in my right ovary since the 16th - 5 days before positive OPK. I experienced this every single day until 4th January when I had some brown spotting - the tiniest bit, along with the tiniest bit of very pale pink watery stuff. The same again on 5th, 6th and 7th. Also on these days I experienced very odd cramps - like period pains but quite different. Very much in the exact location i'd been cramping in since 16th with the occasional left side cramp/twinge too. Does that make any sense? They were a lot milder and I didn't get the usual bloating etc that comes with my period. I also didn't see any red. There were two occasions over the weird discharge time that my ovarys felt suddenly very tight or swollen. This only lasted for a few minutes.

The only other symptom I've had is constipation for 2 weeks. An extremely itchy eye which lasted a day, followed by now 2 very dry eyes. I still have the occasional right side ovary twinge. Today I have what can only be described as post nasal drip but with a very clear nose and my throat isn't sore. My sister told me to take a pregnancy test, I took a first response first step this morning and it was negative.

I guess this big ramble was me getting it off my chest that I am so very confused and have never experienced feelings like this before. What I had wasn't my normal period. I don't even know if it was a period. Certainly didn't feel like it. If i'm not pregnant and I didn't have my period then I'm feeling very disheartened as my body was just starting to behave like a normal womans body with periods etc.

If anyone has made it this far to the end of my long novel of a ramble then I would really appreciate your thoughts. I know nobody has the answers to what is going on. I spent the morning crying as we soo want a child :cry:

Thank you for reading x

Last edited:
Hello and welcome. I cant be much help but I can empathise with the period problems and the upset about not being pregnant. Its a nice friendly forum with lots of ladies with good advice or at the very least a friendly ear x

I'm so sorry you feel this way it is heart breaking when it doesn't happen and every one else around you seems to be falling pregnant so easily, I can't relate to your pcos by I've never had a period for at least 3 years and was told the lining of my womb wasn't thick enough I've been on tablets on and off since September from my gynae to try and sort this out like you I've now had a little bit of bleeding only last 3 days and it's so co fusing when you can't tell if your body has had a proper period or not. The ladies on this site are really supportive and can offer some really useful advise sometimes it's good just to have a rant and let it all out

Thank you both. I've had nobody to talk to about it and I've hit a point where I feel very on my own and need support. My family have never had any problems like this, with all 4 of my sisters being very much fertile and having loads of children with no problem. It's so hard feeling like I'm letting my husband down. Is that an awful way to feel? We've been married 5 years.

Blonde_ditz77 bless you. It is so very confusing. Are you ttc too or just trying to sort out your periods at the mo x

I've been ttc for over a year now and then found out without the lining of my womb being thick enough it's almost impossible as there's nothing for the egg to implant into. It is very frustrating I have a 9 year old son from a previous relationship I fell pregnant very easily then but always suffered a miscarriage and I like you feel like a failure as my new partner has no children so I think it's maybe a normal way to feel given the circumstances I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back