I don't know how to title this...

littlelittle

Reaction score
Would you seek child support from the father of your child if he's run off and refuses to be a responsible father figure as the biological father?
-seeking child support means formally establishing paternity, father retains rights

Would you not say anything and cross that road when it comes?
-biological father can at anytime come forward and legally enforce you to participate in paternity test in order to preserve legal rights to child
-means no child support

Would you contact his new girlfriend and tell her what he's done?

Would you reach out to his family?

Last edited:
I'd seek child support. 2 to tango, why on earth should you cover all costs whilst he swans off. Did he have a GF the whole time and did you know about it?

Yep I would 100% get child support. If nothing more than every single time he sees the -££ on his wage slip or bank account he will be reminded that he is a shit dad and what they have done.

Sounds like a nasty reason but why should they be able to swan off and start a "new" life with no consequence to their actions??

Btw my bil is a single dad of three kids and the mum is the one that has left and I still think the same. Whichever parent leaves should provide support for the remaining person xx

I'd go for child support hun. I wouldn't contact his girlfriend or family as they will soon find out when he gets that call to say he has to pay child support

I hope you can get child support and that he will step up. How is everything?

I would seek child support.

He has legal rights whether he pays or not; so you might as well make him pay. My son's father took me to court at one point for me not letting him see him (I was not using him as a weapon as he claims; we would arrange for him to have him and the night before he would call me up drunk and get abusive on the phone to the point where I would say I didn't want him around the next day and didn't feel comfortable with him taking our son. This happened without fail every time we arranged for him to see him) however when we talked this through with the courts and I brought up that he didn't pay anything I was told that was a separate matter and if I wanted to pursue that I would have to do so myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back