I don't feel pregnant yet...

Melanie3103

Reaction score
Hi there,

Anyone else out there struggling to come to terms with being pregnant ?? Not because I'm not over the moon excited and so very happy, but just because (and this is going to sound really weird) but I don't really feel pregnant. Doctors don't confirm it any more. So all I have are pee-sticks. :)

It is really early - I am just 6 weeks, I have done a handful of HPT including 1x Clearblue DIGI (that gave me conception date as well) around the time my AF was due (that was over 2 weeks ago), all confirmed it and the line darkened as the days went on - which is great, and then the DIGI matched dates-wise to say I was 2-3 weeks since I conceived which all tallied up with my LMP of 22 June - so I'm 6 weeks tomorrow. Great! Could not be happier, but why can't I just enjoy it and believe it. I don't really feel any different, obviously I don't look any different. My b**bs are fuller and a little sore at night when bra comes off. So why can't I just accept it.

I've no reason to think I'm no longer PG - no bleeding or pain or anything - but yesterday I found myself taking another test - to believe it all over again. Strange ? Am I the only one that feels like this ??

I just know I will regret wanting to feel pregnant... when the sickness hits, I will take all this back I bet!

Does anyone else feel like me ? Hope I'm not alone ???

I'm 20 weeks pregnant and still don't feel pregnant! With this one and my first i took countless tests because i simply did not believe it! So no you are not alone lol

You are in no way alone! I feel the exact same + I keep doing random tests as well. I just keep thinking, how can I be pregnant and have a little person growing in my tummy when I just feel the exact same nearly! Okay, I've had some nausea and some boob tenderness but nothing major.

I honestly don't think I will accept it until I've had my scan + have a little bump for evidence!! So I totally understand how you're feeling - I almost feel guilty for not believing it but it's so hard!

I know! I'm glad it's not just me... feel strange for not believing it. I think it's just such a HUGE thing to be growing/carrying a person inside - it defies belief! So yes until I see a bump/scan I think I will be feeling like this for a long time yet!

I want to be happy and just sit back and enjoy, but I think that's the other thing. I don't want to be too smug or too happy - as I am well aware how vulnerable I am in terms of the chance of MC etc. So I don't feel I can sit back and really enjoy the pregnancy until 12 weeks is here, and I can relax a bit.
xx

I saw your other post too, Melanie and I think you'll find nearly every woman in the first trimester is feeling the same. I actually haven't really let myself believe it yet just in case something happens. I think we will both find once we've hit 12 weeks or start to get some stronger symptoms we will be able to sit back and enjoy it.

I told my mum I'm just so worried all the time and it doesn't feel real yet and her response was 'now you're going to be a mum, you'll worry every day for the rest of your life about your baby so get used too it!' lol. Come + join us girls in Tri one and you'll see these worries are totally normal (from what I can gather anyway!)

I've Had an early scan and there was a baba with a heartbeat but I still don't feel pregnant lol

There were a few of us having the same conversation when we were about 6 weeks. I ended up having a private scan just to prove to myself there was something in there. Not long after the morning sickness hit!

i felt exactly the same - now im abit further on and i've just had a scan (got put back so going back for 12 weeks scan in a week or so) i now feel pregnant.

I think it helped when my boobs started getting sore as well.

Don't worry i'm sure you'll get some signs soon. It can be difficult to relax and enjoy the moment in tri 1 but honestly if you can avoid the worry it's the best :wink:

Last edited:
Its good to know we are all in the same boat! I think once i am past the 12 week stage and can start to tell people hopefully that may help, at the moment i have only told one friend. I really want to tell my mum, hate keeping things from her, no doubt will cave before the 12 weeks. As for symptoms...my boobs are a little tender and i have been getting some mile nausea today, nothing too bad though.

we told our parents pretty much as soon as I found out about my bfp. Also told my sister in law and best friend. There the people I would want to know if anything happened so I figured there was no need to wait for 12 weeks as the pressure of keeping it a secret was really getting to me.

I also told my boss so he was aware just in case I was to I'll for work etc..

I'm the same! it's my 5th pregnancy! so you'd think I'd be used to it all, lol. But I have tested every day to every couple of days from 10dpo to 24dpo! I too have sore enalarged boobs, and just started getting some nausea yesterday, been feeling soooooooo tired - and yet I can't believe it's all alright......I have had 2 previous losses and a chemical pregnancy....but I defo feel a lot calmer with this one than the last one (that I lost at 10w) strangely enough.

1st tri is very hard, as it's too early to hear, see and feel anything to let you know all is ok!

I'm another one! I only found out on Tuesday so its very early days, I'm 4+4. Apart from a bit of nausea and the odd twinge, I really don't feel any different. The only thing I'm concerned about is a bit of brown spotting I've had on and off since Thursday, which I've read is normal but I'm so used to that being the start of AF that its on my mind. I did cheapie test this morning which was darker than the one I did a couple of days ago, but I don't think I'll relax until I've had an early scan which I'm going to book when I'm about 8 weeks. Even then I don't think I'll believe it until I feel something or the baby is here! xx

i'm 19 weeks pregnant, i can honestly say i dont feel pregnant either! as i dont have sickness, the only thing i have is feeling a bit sick & tiredness but not always!xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back