i did it myself! am i doing it right?

trixipaws

Reaction score
millies taken bottles from my mum, my dad and my boyf; but apart from me trying her with a small amount (like 25ml) of hand-expressed b.milk when she was one or two months old (which she didnt take hardly, so i dont really count that) iv never bottle-fed myself til today.
i was nervous about holding her, coz im used to her lying on her side when i feed her, but with the bottle she had to be on her back, i dont kno what angle to hold her at so she doesnt splutter?
also, i could see lotsa bubbles like honeycomb move from the teat into the bottle, does that indicate im doing it right, or am i giving her lots of wind?!
my boyf said im doing it right, but i think he just says that so i stop going on about it asking him :lol: i want some reassurance from people who know!

However is comfy for you hun, I used to lie Lib back, but now she pretty much sits up to drink it.....at the end of the bottle she always sucks them honeycomb bubbles out, just makes sure you take time to wind her properly afterwards, and you'll have a quieter day :D

newmum said:
The bubbles are ok. She might need winding a bit more with the bottle though but she isn't so little anymore so probably ok. Had loads of trouble with that in the beginning but now my LO seems to be better at swallowing less air. Avent say this about their bottles and bubbles.

As your baby feeds, the unique skirt on the AVENT teat flexes to allow air into the bottle, preventing any vacuum build-up.
This allows your baby to suckle continuously and effortlessly, almost as at the breast. Listen for the gentle whistling sound and watch the air bubbles burst on the surface of the milk. That’s your guarantee that the air is being released into the bottle – not into your baby’s tummy.

ooh thanks thats great- i am using avent bottles and i do hear the noise as well as the bubbles. :)

sounds fine to me :) but as emmylou said, jack tends to sit up when he has his bottle now, but is a bit older

newmum said:
The bubbles are ok. She might need winding a bit more with the bottle though but she isn't so little anymore so probably ok. Had loads of trouble with that in the beginning but now my LO seems to be better at swallowing less air. Avent say this about their bottles and bubbles.

As your baby feeds, the unique skirt on the AVENT teat flexes to allow air into the bottle, preventing any vacuum build-up.
This allows your baby to suckle continuously and effortlessly, almost as at the breast. Listen for the gentle whistling sound and watch the air bubbles burst on the surface of the milk. That’s your guarantee that the air is being released into the bottle – not into your baby’s tummy.

this is very true..i swear by the avent bottles...mia did have the TT C2N and o my god she was up all night screaming lol...now she gets her windies up no trouble :D

I found that Matilda like to sit facing front sorta laying on my chest when she has her milk but she also tends to sit upright when she has her bottle now, you'll probably find that she'll wriggle around until she finds a comfortable position

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back