I caved!!

Jayjay027

Reaction score
So I bought a doppler...
*blush*

I know I said I wouldn't, but just couldn't cope any longer! I got it new off amazon for £16.50 - bargain!! Its an angel sounds one, it should be here on Tuesday or Wednesday!!

Hubby is gonna kick my ass cuz he told me not to! Shows how much I listen to him lol x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I got the same one :D. It's definitely worth it! Your OH is gonna love it too despite what he says!! :D

Heehee, it'll be the best thing you've ever done love, honest! And DH will forgive you when he hears that little person moving about in there :D Your husband's a doll anyway, I doubt he'd stay mad at you long!! xx

Thanks girls and aww thanks Leesey lol.

The fear of not finding a heartbeat has already kicked in lol. But I'm sure that's normal!
And oh well, its done now so there's no point in him being mad cuz it won't change anything lol xx

I found using moisturizer worked better than using the gel than came with it, and just remember to look really low down and you'll be fine :)

Haha Jayjay, good one! I love my Doppler, but we couldn't find the heartbeat till around 18 weeks though so don't panic if you can't find it straight away. Enjoy!! Xx

ETA ... I'm up early for a Sunday too! Don't know why, just can 't seem to lie in these days! Which is frustrating cos during the week when I'm up for work I 'm desperate to lie in!

Last edited:
Awh that's always the way! Your bed is never as comfy as it is when u have to get out of it :-( xx

How exciting hun, once both hear the heartbeat ur won't regret at all buying one!! It is amazing listening in, although my lil wriggler makes it quite hard to hear the heartbeat for very long before shifting ou the way and booting/ punching the doppler :) xx

Haha Jayjay, good one! I love my Doppler, but we couldn't find the heartbeat till around 18 weeks though so don't panic if you can't find it straight away. Enjoy!! Xx

ETA ... I'm up early for a Sunday too! Don't know why, just can 't seem to lie in these days! Which is frustrating cos during the week when I'm up for work I 'm desperate to lie in!

I was gonna say this too, please dont panic if you cant find it, I was 18 weeks when i found it the first time and worried myself stupid! Take your time and move really slow and really low lol, even lower than you would think - enjoy! :D xx

Thanks ladies :) :) xx

My bub's hb is only about 3cm below my belly button and to the left...that's where I have found it both times and where the midwife found it. Don't think ours moves around too much! I didn't tell my OH I hired one as I knew he'd think I was mad, and he wasn't as excited about hearing the hb as I was as he is so sure all the time that everything is alright! But it's made me happy so I don't care :)

Awww, caving to a doppler is a pregnant woman's guilty pleasure!

It is lovely hearing heartbeat - but you just have to make a deal with yourself if you can't find it you will try not to overfret. My bub's hb is always really low and to my right, but there has been a time where I just had to give up searching and try again later.

jayjay do u still have the link to the Doppler on amazon? at that price its to good a bargin not to get one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back