I CAN'T wait for maternity leave to start!

So_hopeful81

Reaction score
I have got another 3 weeks left! I honestly first of all thought finishing at 35 weeks was going to be a little indulgent... But seriously- I can't believe how hard I am finding it to do my job right now. I feel done in today! My brain feels like its been smacked with a great big pan and my body feels like I'm 94!
Just leaning over a table of children is making me ache so much at the moment! I think having to come home and look after a very active, excitable 4 year old is not helping things- which is why I didnt feel quite so bad last time at this point. Man I am exhausted!
Anyone else feeling like me? By the way - I'm still waiting for my pregnancy glow and to start to feel blooming!!! I am beginning to realise that at 31 weeks - this is definitely not likely!!! Ha ha!

Ha I think the glow is a myth lol

I'm finishing on the 17th feb cos I have holiday to take first and I seriously cannot wait. Dealing with the elderly is getting harder and harder and one of my ladies especially is getting very weak but I don't want to leave her and her husband, have been with them since I started :(. Trouble is dementia and baby brain are not a good mix and I spend half the call times trying to remember where we have put stuff :D xxxxxxxxx

I'm struggling at work too but still have six weeks to work! I've been late home every night this week and just ache! I'm finding it uncomfortable sat at a desk all day, my bump seems to feel bruised. Hopefully the next 6 weeks will go quickly!! Xx

I finished at 34weeks, which I thought was a bit indulgent, but so glad I finished then as it was getting hard getting up and going to work for a full day when I hardly had much sleep and couldn't rest. :)
x

I finish next week when I'm 38 weeks! I feel like a trooper lol. To be honest I was ready for finishing this week and really feel like ringing them on Monday to tell them I'm booking the week of as a holiday. I'm absolutely shattered now :( x

Omg Loopy! You ARE a trooper! Well done you! Thats amazing... I have no idea how you have done it. I am completely and utterly done in already!
Well done you! Now get your feet up and relax a bit!

Me too hun. I'm regretting working until 37 weeks but I really want the time afterwards with the baby. I've still got 35 working days left :(

Hopefully the time will pass quickly for us both x

I finish Thursday and it can't come quick enough!! It's been a real struggle since the new year. Can't wait to start washing Pip's clothes and nesting!

I was going to finish in 8 weeks but changed it 3 weeks ago as I am too uncomfortable so my last week is next week, then leave, then mat leave phew :)

I'm working up to 38 weeks and tbh I feel like crying :( I'm aching everyday and have to drive 200 miles a day so my back is killing. I want to break up at 36 weeks so on the 10th feb but I so want the time off after but then don't want to be to knackered when LO arrives.

I've debated going off sick and trust me that isn't me, but then employers can start your mat leave from 36 weeks if they feel you can't cope !!

Fingers crossed the next 6 weeks fly :( xx

yeah its soooo much harder than i imagined these last few weeks

Im finishing the 17th feb but had i know how exhausted id be thinkk id a left 17th a jan lol

Ahhh sleepy sue, have a really good think about whether you can finish a bit earlier! 200 miles is sooooo much! I only have to drive down the road to work, and even that is too hard some mornings! Bless you!!!!

Have a word with my DH for me :( it's a sore subject at the moment as unfortunately I'm being put second best to a frickin hobby ( long story won't bore you) x

I worked up to 39 weeks from home and had my baby on day three of mat leave :) it meant I had more time with her at the other end of my leave which I preferred. A friend of mine went on leave in July baby born sept and is having to go back when she's 6 months old. I would have hated that :(

im stopping at 35+2 and felt that was gonna be too early but it cant come soon enough! i commute into london everyday and its killing me i dunno how im gonna last the next 5 weeks but i cant go on mat leave any earlier coz i only get mat allowance and its not enough to get my by :(

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back