I can't sleep !!!

CathC

Reaction score
:help:Well morning ladies. Yep its 03:49am and I'm up again. Can't sleep, got up for loo and then have laid for an hour tossing and turning!!!! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cath xxxxxxx

Hi Cath. I had a terrible night last night too. I don't even know what's keeping me up, I'm just restless and a bit anxious. Sadly I don't have any suggestions! Hope you managed to get some sleep in the end x

I have had the same problem for the last few nights!! Wake up around 3/4 every night needing to pee and can't get back to sleep!! So infuriating!!

Ive had the same thing since I was about 8 weeks! Im sooo tired and feel like a zombie now, so I would love to know if there is a 'cure' too!

I have the same problem aswell, once I've got up to go to the loo, i can't sleep, even though I'm so tired.

I read a tip that if you count backwards from 100 and only concentrate on the numbers you will be asleep before you get to number 1 !! It usually works for me but the hard part is not letting any other thoughts invade the counting lol. Good luck x

Me too! I wake up worrying about everything and just can't get back to sleep. If anyone finds a remedy i'd be grateful for one!

Ditto!! Wake up at 3/4ish then awake for an hour! No idea how to stop it but I'm just greatf I can fall back to sleep eventually.

I have fou d that if I read a novel before I go to sleep I sleep better rather than readi g my pregnancy book.
Not sure if it's connected to sleep but it has worked last two nites xx

Same here. Wake usually 3 or 4am and then lie awake for ages. Got to point now that on Monday night I was texting DH, who was working nightshift, at 3am. He came home this morning and told me I was deathly pale - lack of sleep :-(

i had this and it is really frustrating. i found having a nice bath each night with some lavendar oil helped (some nights).

Aww I feel for you,dr calls it pregnancy induced insomnia (at least in my case) and boy does it suck! I have no problems falling asleep however staying asleep is another matter!

Here are drs and other peoples suggestions to me try them unfortuantly none worked for me so I have to nap like a cat all day or I'll be even more zombie like..... I hope some/any/ all work for you

1. Switch tv off an hr before Bed and read, go to sleep when you can't read any more

2. Hot milky drink an hr before bed

3. No naps during the day

4. Eat something before going bed as your metabolism doesn't switch off when your sleeping

5. A walk in the afternoon evening

6. Classical music played at a low volume

7. Lavender spray on pillow - (I asked my dr if lavender is ok in pregnancy and she said yes- providing your not consuming it!)

8. Warm bubble bath

10. Dairy to write down all days stresses/ worries/ anxiety

11. if you spend 20 minutes trying to sleep but can't get up and do something else then try again in half an hr or so

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back