I can't cope with it anymore

Babylicious

Reaction score
My 7 1/2 year old is STILL stealing despite being taken to the police station last time she stole a girls dinner money :( :(

i dont know what to say hun, do u know y she is doing it, is there something she is wanting or is it just attention with you being pg

Aww sorry hun, :hug: :hug: :hug: I know it has probably already been done, but just a question. Have you sat down with her and done the "big girl" talk? You know, " i know that you are a big girl now, so I am going to treat you like one..." and see if you can get the reason out of her, without judgemental attitude, just asking her and seeing if she can tell you (She might not be able to, she may not know)

Hope this helps,

Lisa

Aw no

What about taking something off her every time she does it?

not offering advice as I know you've tried everything :hug:

feel so sorry as I know you're trying your hardest and there are other factors involved -just hope that maybe its a phase in her development she'll come through soon :hug:

Urchin said:
Aw no

What about taking something off her every time she does it?

Yes we've tried that and although it does seem to work for a period of time, a couple of weeks later she does it again. I'm seeing the physcologist tomorrow so I'm got to mention it then, along with her vandalish behaviour that has recently started :shock:

Do you think it might be the thought of the baby coming along? Have you spoken to her about it?

Tia can be quite aggressive at times, but she has been more so, since I've gotten pregnant.

She seems to be very excited about the new baby, but apprehensive at the same time... So she's been quite moody and sullen and difficult at times... Once I sit her down and chat about her feelings she's ok for a few days... but like you said it goes back to the way it was..

I think it's harder when they are older... especially if its a second relationship baby.... They know they aren't being replaced, loved less etc... but they are still children, and they just don't seem to be able to grasp the concept well... so they act out... the chats give them time alone with you (which they want) and to get things off their chests... after all most people I know get moody and depressed when they have something they are keeping bottled up inside.

Just a thought..

Stealing is a major giveaway that she wants attention - even if she doesn't realise it either.

I stole things and got caught as a child. At the time, I was having a laugh with mates. But now looking back, I was wanting my mums attention. She was a full time child minder and always was looking after 1 or 2 kids at a time. Im not blaming her at all, but in the mind of a child, I was jealous. Even relieved when I was caught.

So the fact that your preg is probably making her do this as a form of release, its hard to understand why exactly, but it is lol. It becomes addictive too so it really needs to stop before she gets older.

Is she invloved in any of the baby stuff? Perhaps, you coudl put her in charge of some things to make her feel important and invloved in everything. Very much like the older sibling :) Maybe reward her each week when she hasn't stole but disguise it was just "good behaviour"? This will give her something to look forward to and most of all, it will give her your much needed attenton :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back