I can smell...

saralou5

Reaction score
...EVERYTHING!! I was woken up this morning by the smell of the cat food from downstairs!! Which is a whole room, staircase, hallway, and 2 rooms away! Even my door was shut! I also had to tell someone to put on their socks in my rehearsal today (yes rehearsal on a sunday(!)) because I could smell their feet from outside the studio!
I thought people were joking when they said their smell became acute during pregnancy. Goodness!!
Apologies for the random/pointless post :D

This is strange, because my sense if smell hasn't changed one bit!

I've been waiting for it to suddenly become more sensitive, but no, nothing!

x

i know how you feel smells have been really bad in this pregnancy to the point some make me sick even the nice ones as they are too overpowering!! OH had fishing trolley delivered other day and the tyre smelt really bad of rubber (i know its supposed too) but it was that bad i was gettin an headache coz that is all i could smell :oooo: so not nice!!

I have super human sense of smell during pregnancy too, it isnot good lol

Mine hasn't changed too much but I think it's only because my sinuses have been messed up whole pregnancy. My nose has felt stuffed whole time. Don't know which is more annoying though - think I would rather be able to smell

My sense of smell is very sensitive since being pregnant. I hate the smell of any fridge, bins, fish, perfume. Its horrendous, its eased a bit since Tri 1 when I couldnt even go in the Kitchen, every time I did I had to go and throw up - great excuse for not doing the washing up!!
xx

Omg mine started yesterday!my oh couldn't see what I was fussing about and must of looked like a mad woman running round finding what the smell is!

Hehe, mine has been sensitive since Tri 1, where the smell of coffee was horrible to me.

I also had times where I was upstairs and hubby would have just turned the oven on downstairs (with no food in it) and I would ask hubby to close the kitchen door because I could "smell the oven". Bleugh, that Oven smells horrible when on!

Omg my sense of smell has been superhuman since getting pregnant!!

I live in the city centre, surrounded my restaurants and take aways, and walking outside my front door is always a bit emotional! I have to cover my nose and get passed them really quickly.

Also, I can smell EVERYTHING that's been in the lift in my building lol. As soon as the lift door opens I'm like 'omg someone brought their bin down in this and I can smell a cigar and someone else was eating chips in here!' And hubby is like 'wtf!?!?' Lol.

Its worse when ur throwing up and u can smell ur sick and it makes u even more sick! Omg that's a nightmare lol x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Ugh, I hate it!! I've been the same since BFP!
Yesterday I woke up to the smell of cat poo, which was in the litter tray three rooms away and DH thought I was making it up! He's convinced I imagine it all!!
The worst thing is when I'm at work, the dinner ladies start making the lunch at about half 10, no one else really notices but it always smells really strong to me and makes me sick - when I'm doing PE with the kids in the hall I have to breathe through my mouth so I don't throw up!!

:shock: It's a good job I don't seem to suffer from this, and that you are nowhere near me right now! I ate half a giant head of roasted garlic on Saturday evening and my poor husband says I reek like a drain now. I can't smell it at all:rotfl: Oops.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back