I bet my waters break in bed .........

NIE

Reaction score
Well, I have been trying to keep busy over the past 2 days, and I am pleased to say that I have finally got round to changing my bed. :dance:

I have been really lazy throughout pregnancy, and I am embarrassed to say that it has almost been 3 weeks since I last changed my bed sheets. :oops: :oops: :oops:

I'm really looking forward to sleeping in a nice fresh bed tonight, but now that I have clean sheets.......I bet my waters will go.

Guess I'll have to sleep on top of a few old towels just in case.

Is anyone else feeling nervous that there waters will go over their bed?. xx

I have to admit to having a bed obsession atm, i change all the bed twice a week, normaly only do it once(dont ask me why i just feel i have to do it :oops: )

But i do have the exact same fear as you, we bought a new mattress a few months ago and i am convinced that my waters will break in bed and ill have to buy a new one.

Mine went in the bed i was sleeping in. I was staying at mum and dads for the weekend with my hubby.
I didnt really know what was going on as it was 4:30 in morning so climbed over hubby getting him wet :oops: and then walked over his clothes he left in downway.

He says he always remembering thinking that i was wetting myself :rotfl:

NIE said:
Well, I have been trying to keep busy over the past 2 days, and I am pleased to say that I have finally got round to changing my bed. :dance:

I have been really lazy throughout pregnancy, and I am embarrassed to say that it has almost been 3 weeks since I last changed my bed sheets. :oops: :oops: :oops:

I'm really looking forward to sleeping in a nice fresh bed tonight, but now that I have clean sheets.......I bet my waters will go.

Guess I'll have to sleep on top of a few old towels just in case.

Is anyone else feeling nervous that there waters will go over their bed?. xx

I bet you'll change your bed again before your waters break flower :D Thought about getting a cheap mattress protector?

I was paranoid that they would go when I was in town or somewhere very public! :rotfl: Fortunately they didn't go until I was in labour and went with a pop over my lounge floor (which was covered and prepared for my homebirth) :rotfl:

Dunelm Mill have cheap matress protectors that don't feel too plasticy or sticky when you sleep on them.

I bought one and put it on already as we just bought a really nice new mattress in the summer :D

Tina & Gabs said:
Hey Nie

My waters went in bed but luckily I bought some maternity sheets from boots; they were a god send. I just popped them under the sheet to save the mattress and I also used them in the car on the way to hospital.
Absolutely! Although I never used mine for the purpose they were intended!!! They were used underneath me when I was giving birth in the lounge then the final one was used like a big sanitary towel to get me from the lounge to the bath without making a mess!!!

Those pampers care mats should do the trick. The waters going is more like a slow trickle than a full on gush......they did go with a pop with baby number 3 but it wasn't like niagra falls, i waddled round with a hand towel between my legs til it slowed! i was at home :rotfl:

Mine went in bed with my first!!! Luckily it was a weird trickle, then when I stood up they went all over the floor. Then I moved a bit and they went all over the bathroom! No one tells you that every time you or baby move they just keep coming. In the films it's always a gusha and then it's over.... not in reality it aint!!!! Leak, leak, leak!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back