I am TTC and anxiety - advice would really help

broody2013

Reaction score
Hi ladies and congratulations to you all :)

I'm in month 18 of TTC and I am worried anxiety is stopping me from getting pregnant. I am doing everything I can think of to relax which has helped in general this cycle but I'm struggling so much today my heart is thudding and I am so upset as I am convinced I am so anxious my body will reject any egg trying to implant and to make things worse I am meant to Ov today or tomorrow according to a cracking dark positive OPK last night and this morning, so timing is rubbish.

Any advice or feedback? Has anyone got their BFP while really anxious or having panic attacks? I feel so upset about this which is only adding to my anxiety. Sadly it is a lifelong condition for me so not something which I can easily fix and I am trying my best to get a handle on it and so far this cycle I was doing quite well with it, so I don't know what's changed apart from the pressure now I finally got a positive OPK as I only get a close to positive every 2-3 months. We have been so long trying i already feel like a failure and the anxiety is not helping :(

Aw you poor thing. Big hugs it sounds like you're doing well controlling your anxiety generally and are having a rough day. All I can say is try not to focus too much on the fact that you're feeling anxious, if you can't change the feeling of being anxious then just tell yourself it's not the end of the world and everything will be ok. Hopefully it'll pass quicker. Exercise is great maybe try this although I'm sure you all the tips!! I'd say how your feeling is v v common - and women fall pregnant under all sorts of circumstances so don't lose hope. I'm pregnant with number 4 - 3 times I fell pregnant easily but with my 2nd pregnancy we tried for a year and a half and we finally got there so I really hope it happens for you too. Take care good luck xx

We were TTC our first for over a year and I was working in a really stressful job. I left in the November and started having acupuncture - I obviously can't say for sure that it helped but I found it was very relaxing. I started a new job in the February which was much less stressful and found out I was pregnant in the March.

I'm a big believer in stress playing a huge part in preventing conception. Take small steps but start to do something new to reduce your anxiety - I found acupuncture really useful as it gave me some 'me' time too. Good luck xx

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies, I will try to think of other ways to lower my stress. All the best for your pregnancies :) xx

I was the same first time round as got so obsessed and stressed with it all. In the end we booked a weeks holiday somewhere sunny and ended up catching while we were away! It's hard not to stress, especially when you've been trying for so long xxx

We started TTC 4 years ago now and I've had 5 losses so can totally understand feeling anxious.
I started having reflexology, one session fortnightly and it totally eradicated my stress and anxieties. The treatment itself is amazing at relaxing me but I also think speaking to someone regularly about TTC stresses really helped me to make sense of it all and generally feel more positive about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back