I am the only one....

soulem

Reaction score
...who hasnt bought one baby thing yet??? Please tell me Im not alone in this!!!! :|

You're not alone...I haven't bought anything yet but I've been brousing through stores and picking out strollers, car seats and furniture. I guess I'm kinda superstitious but will buy necessities (blankets and such) in my 7th or 8th month. It's sooo tempting though!

i needed to spread out the cost , getting bits every month means i dont notice it so much ! plus i dont think buying stuff can effect ya baby or not ! i just dont want to be panicing in my 7th month ive got nothing !

Nope you are not the only one.

I've not bought a single thing. I've browsed Mothercare twice, decided on the pram/buggy I would like in a few months time and thats about it.

I am not superstitious but it doesn't feel right to buy things now. Its a long time till May. Other than the buggy, which my parents may try to get in the sales, I'll wait till I am 7 months plus before I buy the things we'll need.

Nice to know Im not the only one!! But, I havent even browsed yet!! We havent looked at baby names together either! With my other children I had done loads by this stage, but this time is different and I dont know why.

I only just brought my cot yesterday.... :rotfl: :rotfl: We were starting to panic... we still haven't got everything yet... and I'm nearly in my 8th month... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I didn't get anything other than order a pushchair (at 15 weeks which I'm still waiting for) until my 20 week scan... :)

I hadn't til 20+4 when we had our 20 week scan. Still not bought anything big yet though!

I didnt really buy anything until the last week when I ordered my cot and following my scans this week, have gone crazy buying boy stuff. I'm a woman possessed. Somebody stop me!

Nope im the same

Ive been itching to buy baby stuff but we are gonig till wait till our scan and then start buying a few bits

Still feels like i would be tempting fate to buy stuff now(everyone keeps saying how high risk of misscarriage i am)

xx

tattybear85 said:
Nope im the same

Ive been itching to buy baby stuff but we are gonig till wait till our scan and then start buying a few bits

Still feels like i would be tempting fate to buy stuff now(everyone keeps saying how high risk of misscarriage i am)

xx

I'm the same .... first I was going to wait till after the 12 week scan, now I'm at the "after the 20 week scan" stage.. It's never ending worrying about everything being ok this pregnancy lark I tell you!!!

i havent bought anything for this baby at all...

but that might be cos tbh i have absolutly everything because of Hannah!

I havent bought anything as we are waiting for our scan on Tuesday. I had a mc earlier in the year and still a bit worried even though I can feel the baby kicking all through the day. We thought we would ask for Mothercare vouchers for Christmas and then look for stuff in the sales in Jan! We're also desperate to know whether we are having a boy or girl, and then I think I'll start buying loads of bits! Baby clothes are so cute, especially baby shoes and socks!!

i haven't bought anything yet, my OH wants to wait till after xmas and even later to buy the big stuff! I will be one of those people having to send him out to buy the carseat so i can come home from hospital!!

All I've bought so far is a changing bag cos it was on offer for £10. Really wanting to buy stuff now but know it's better to get James' birthday and xmas sorted first.

Have been doing lots of window shopping so far to get an idea of what I want, then will probably shop around online for it.
Might get some bargains in the sales if I hold off too :D

It's probably a good thing I haven't bought anything yet actually cos I've changed my mind about what pram I want about 5 times already! :lol:

I haven't bought anything yet either, my parents have bought us a few bits and pieces but we are waiting till after christmas to buy the big items. I think I'm still in denial to be honest :shock:

We have bought alot of things, but it's been gradual. From week 12 - 23 we only bought clothes, and in the last few weeks we have bought a moses basket, wardrobe for the nursery, a bath set and OH's parents have bought the cot which was delivered on Weds. We only got that so early because it was on offer..My mum and I went and had a look at prams yesterday and she agreed that the Silvercross would be the one to get, but I don't think we will get that till after Christmas.

we haven't bought anything yet. It would be too much like admitting it was going to happen if we did. We will make a start after Christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back