I am still getting headaches nearly every day!!! Any advise?

Julia

Reaction score
I am coming up to 17 weeks and I am STILL experiencing headaches nearly every day. I am getting really down about this now.Does anyone know what causes them? Anyone know a remedy? I have bought 4head which works sometimes..I thought I was meant to be feeling wonderful at this stage - I am not!!

I also had a high risk downs result this week (1:210), which obviously hasn't helped!!

Hiya Julia

I had headaches in early pregnancy and a couple of migraines one at 11 weeks and one at 19 weeks. I would suggest perhaps going to see your doctor or give your midwife a ring as perhaps there is something they can provide, or alternatively seek some advice from a Homeopathic Doctor (although you still have to be careful whether you can use during pregnancy) I know they say that Tiger Balm is helpful but Ive not personally used it and not sure whether you can in pregnancy.

Dont know whether you are the same as me, but I have had terrible hayfever and blocked noses and when im at my worst so are my headaches..?

Hope they go soon, and from what the books say its all part of your hormones going on a rampage !

Ragna xxxx

This might sound obvious but is your diet ok?

Are you drinking lots of water? You probably are, but just thought I would mention it.

Also are you eating lots of sugary stuff to chear yourself up? Tuck into things like porridge, bananas and other fruit for energy instead.

Like Ragna said you might also be suffering from congestion which I am getting more of since getting my BFP. I had a headache due to that yesterday.

Failing that it is likely to be hormones. :cry: :cry: Pesky things. They cause all sorts of grief

Hi,

sorry to hear about your headaches- that must be very wearing. Like Ragna says I'd go to the doctors if I were you. It's safe to take paracetamol and I have a doctor friend who mentionned another painkiller that was ok during pregnancy- it could have been paracetamol and codeine but I would personally ask the doctor before taking anything else.

Good luck with them, hope it goes soon

+++

Oh yes, and definitely take a paracetamol or two.

As I said in another thread, I had the migraine from hell at 10.5 weeks and I ended up ringing my local maternity ward to see if it was ok to take paracetamol.

I am surprised she heard me as I was crying so hysterically. She said I could take up to eight a day if I was really suffering. I was so relieved.

My favourite headache remedy is a milky coffe made from half a teaspoon of coffee granules mixed with a little boiling water and some sugar and topped up with cold milk, and one or two paracetamols. (I know you are not supposed to have coffee when pregnant but I only have it very occassionally if my head is really banging.)

It never fails me. I was getting headaches every weekend until about week 20 and now I am getting them about once a fortnight.

But its best to go to the doctor anyway, just to check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back