I am seriously considering reusable Nappies

flexilexi394

Reaction score
I dabbled very briefly with the idea last pregnancy, and just decided not to bother.

But part of me feels like this time I should try the reusable nappies. I am going to research them as much as possible before making a decision, because of course convenience of disposables are a massive tip in the direction of just using them, but I want to do things a little differently this time.

Have any of you guys considered this? I have already bought some size 1 nappies which I might just use at the beginning when baby is tiny, but I want to toy with the idea of these reusables.

Of course anyone with experience I would love to hear how you got on, I know there are a few threads on this on the alternative parenting section which I am about to look through too xx

I would like too but the thought of scrapping poo off before washing and having a downstairs loo put me off! I'm squeamish on the best of days so don't think I'd cope very well.

Yeah, I'm going to be using them. I found the nappy lady website very useful when researching and trying to get my head around the different types x

They're the best! And my daughter was 100% potty trained by 18 months (I did elimination communication too though).

Yay for cloth diapers!

Oh and I just used/use disposables overnight- saved me from waking up so much cause cloth diapers you change the minute they are wet, but with disposables you don't have to.

Yep, we're going to use them, I started a thread where people shared some really useful info and we're going to a nappy library where you can hire a whole set to find see which you prefer xx

Oh and I just used/use disposables overnight- saved me from waking up so much cause cloth diapers you change the minute they are wet, but with disposables you don't have to.

I use washable over night. You don't have to change as soon as they are wet day or night. I leave my lo 3/4 hours (unless she poos) in the day.

We're giving it a go - our local city council has a scheme that offers trial packs or cash back for using reusables. After quite a bit of research, I'm torn at the moment between Littlelamb and Tots Bots, so will get some of both. BUT - we're going to try them out in between disposables too so there's not too much pressure on us - being our first, we don't know what to expect! Partner and I also both have eczema, so one concern is testing out what our little one's skin can handle. Have bought a load of the Naty disposables as they seem the most eco-friendly! I'm interested to figure out whether those are actually more eco than reusables, what with all the washing of them you'd have to do... xx

Kholl and Nutsyputs, which cloth ones did you use by the way? Did you experiment with a few types or was there a brand you favoured?

Last edited:
Those are the best of both worlds, made of prefolds but with snap closure. And organic!

I was swayed to Littlelamb because of their organic cotton - might be I go that way!

Thank you everyone! I really am torn... I love the idea of them but yes I am torn about the poo thing. Can you get like disposable liners or does that completely defeat the object?

Littlelamb and Tots Bots both seem to do paper-based disposable biodegradable liners. Littlelamb also do reusable microfleece liners which they claim wash off really easily, as the poo doesn't stick to them (would have to see if that holds true!)... I'm guessing other brands would do similar too, it's just that I happen to have their websites open at the moment ahaha

Last edited:
haha thank you, I really don't know what to do! I think I will carry on doing my research, I have time to decide after all! I guess reusable would be all round better, just seems like an awful lot of washing to me! xx

We have the Tots Bots 1 size all-in-one nappies. They're easy to use and nice to look at. When our son was about 1 year old, we started using disposable diapers at night, because he's a really good sleeper and after 10hours they do start leaking ;-) At age 2 he is growing too big for the 1 size, but we're busy potty training so we don't see that as a problem. For number 2 we're going to try some bamboo night diapers by Tots Bots. They're good for baby's skin (we never needed any cream), the environment and potty training.

About the washing: that is a disadvantage :) we have around 20 nappies and use them 2-3 days, day 3 is washing day. They do dry very quick. In a few hours they're dry and ready to use again.

I have just purchased this package from totsbots today, offer ends tomorrow I think. It was £199

Code:

My other half thinks it's a great idea but can't see me keeping it up. Everyone else thinks I'm mad. But this is my second and possible last baby so I'm determined to do exactly what I want.

I have also ordered washable liners.

There is a brand called gnappies that look great for the odd day out etc, they are a nappy casing which you do not need to change as you use a fully disposal, does everything liner. However it sort of defeats the object and at 20p per liner very expensive. May get just a couple for taking to grandparents.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 9
Totsbots have paper liners, so pick them up and can go straight down the toilet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back