I am pregnant BUT is this what morning sickness feels like??

Julia

Reaction score
Dear all

I am only nearly five weeks pregnant and last night I went to bed thinking that I must have eaten something dodgey! I was quite shivery and felt very sick....my stomach felt like it was doing somersaults. I knew that something was about to happen either one end or the other :oops: I then started to have what I can only describe as indigestion (pain in my stomach just under my chest.....is this what "morning sickeness" feels like? Had loads of wind but was not actually sick in the end. I did not know that you went shivery aswell although when I am normally about to be sick I am quite shivery. Went to sleep (after a while of moaning) and have woken perfectly okay again.

IS THIS THE DREADED MORNING SICKNESS??? IF SO I DON'T REALLY MIND - I WILL GO THROUGH ANYTHING FOR MY LITTLE BEAN!

Hiya Julia,

I'm 12 weeks pregnant now but a few weeks ago i was up in the night with bad pains in my stomach - felt like wind type of pains though. i started to be sick and went shivery and hot and cold.

I phoned the NHS direct helpline and they told me it sounded like a water infection and to go to A&E to check it out. So I went and they were right. I wouldn't have guessed that those were the symptoms because i wasn't in pain when i used the toilet or anything.

If you have any concerns it's best to check it out. Doctors and midwives always stress that because it's best that they know what is happening. If you had pains you should check it. I thought it would be nothing but I'm glad i checked as they gave me medicine to clear it.

Hope this helps,

Vicky x

Thanks ToriElla

I feel absolutely fine today....gosh, I would have never thought of a water infection, it is a good job you phoned NHS direct. I think I am too worried about bothering people and fussing over nothing but then I suppose I have to look after myself and my little sesame seed! Thanks for your reply! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back