I am livid !

tinytoes

Reaction score
My mam just popped up for tea and to watch the girls while I was at the GP . My bloody mother just suggested that lily might have"lung problems" as I dont let her cry enough to " stretch her lungs" and said she left her upstairs in her cot for a full half hour screaming until she fell asleep . :shock: My poor baby is sick ! she has underdeveloped lungs , has already almost died in her cot as she stopped breathing m so angry I could scream . When I went to check on her she had no monitors on her and the camera was switched off , ffs anything could have happened to her ! I know I need to talk to her about this bit as I am so angry right now I said nothing . To make matters worse I asked her to give Aoibheann some fruit for a snack and came back to find her muching on a plate of crisps and viscuits . She clearly has no respect for me ... aaaaaagh ! sorry for ranting but its better than murdering her .

I would have drop kicked her head in, you have done really well!

Cant believe they think they know better, ffs

Omg that's shocking! If like to think anyone that was looking after my boy would respect how I wanted to bring him up even if they disagreed!
Really hope ur ok chick?
Have u said anything to her?

I dont want to say anything to her just now as I cant trust myself not to loose it and say something I might regret . I think I'll have to sit her and my dad down and have a serious chat though . They really havent a clue .

I worry about my OHs family sometimes his nan told me a story about how he was staying for the school holidays and his nan was giving him bottles with SUGAR in! When he went home to his mum he wouldn't take a bottle and she couldn't figure out why so she rung his nan who admitted what she'd done and from then onwards he had sugar in his milk!!

Poor little thing! You def need that chat with your mum your right to wait until your calm though so you can explain everything properly and how you want them to respect your way of parenting even though it's not the same as theirs. Parents often do things how they did back in the day and have the attitude of "it did my kids no harm" but times have changed and plus more importantly you baby has been ill so needs things approached differently and not left to cry!

They are so old-school but I've never thought that I couldnt leave the girls with them until this morning .

Oh my goodness! Out of all the people you should be able to trust with your child it should be your mother! Half an hour is a really long time to leave a baby to cry. I hope your parents understand and apologize when you do talk to them about it xx

id be furious and i think you did really well in controlling your anger. You deffo have to speak to her about it. I feel wuite stronly about this as my mother is the same. always knows best about j, never asks us about his meal times lets him feed the dog then feed himself. Its not to say shes not great and always there for us and so we are really lucky but its the feeling of being icked in the teeth when someone you are sposed to trust lets you down and the feeling of lack of trust. OH and i are 'strict' with js food and we dont let him snack constantly or eat a lot of jun whereas others will without asking and it k**bs me off no end so god knows how irate you must feel!!

Big hugs hun id be livid too but make sure you talk to her when youve calmed otherwise itll blow up in to something even worse!!

Sx

Wow u did well not to totally fracture with her! She should respect your choices for your children. X

Spoke to my oh about it too . He's not as calm as I am about it but has agreed that we will pop over and have a word with them as nicely as we can .

:( that is not on hon, my aunties are old school and always use to say a good cry was good for their lungs. bshit. I mean, crying uses your voice box! and good for your lungs, whatever!! you did very well to stay calm, good luck with the 'chat' x

OMG huge well done for staying calm on the outside and not exploding. Good luck with talking to them - can you find some 'medical' info about not letting babies with underdeveloped lungs cry to make it not all come from you?:wall2:

Omg tiny! I'd be so livid too if it was my baby and especially seeing as her wee lungs are under developed and the scare you've had before! How downright disrespectful of your mom! I'm sorry but I actually feel angry for you!

Obviously she knows about LOs lungs and what happened so it's just plain stupidity and ignorance what she did. I'm actually lost for words tbh. I would've lost it but you were actually right to keep your cool and speak to her when you'd calmed down.

As for giving your LO crisps instead of fruit... *sigh* :wall2:

:hug: to you. x

So we had a chat over lunch and she was fairly understanding . I explained that its not a minor thing thats wrong with Lily and that until we have results we dont know how serious it actually is but that either way she has to respect my way of caring for her .
I explained that she actually put her in danger yesterday and that the monitioring equipment isnt just me being fussy . I also told her that if I give her something to feed Aoibheann then I dont want her to have treats instead and if she does give her treats ( I understand that its nice as a granny to be able to treat her ) that she needs to tell me what Aoibheann is eating . She still reckons I dont let Lily cry enough :( but has agreed to follow my lead . To be honest Im glad I spoke to her but I wont be asking her to babysit for a long time . I'll take the girls to visit as often as she likes but I just wont ask her to babysit . Im not happy with her brushing Lily being ill aside .

glad she took it well hun and you must feel so relieved you had the chat about it! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back