I am in lots of pain :(

Happybunny

Reaction score
Hello,

I took the day off of work because I was having dizzy spells, but now something new has come along and is really hurting!!

I have a pain at the very bottom of my back/top of my bum (I have included an informative diagram to help you see where :D )
Untitled.jpg

It is difficult to describe, but I can't sit down because it hurts. i have to stand or lie on my side. It hurts if I cough or move suddenly or move from lying to standing.
What could it be? It just came out of nowhere this morning!!

Sounds like Sciatica to me Hun.

I have been suffering with it and it literally is a pain in the bum.

:hug: :hug:

myt be wer u have slept funny or something im not sure hun... :hug: :hug: :hug:

p.s that diagram with ur lil here sign is funny :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I suffer from sciatica and i real feel for you as its awful, try having a warm bath and put a hot water bottle on the lower part of your back :hug:

Hope it gets better :hug: :hug: If it persists tell your midwife, she might be able to arrange some physio if it's sciatica

I have had Sciatica before and its very painful. I still get aches and pains now.

Try the hot water bottle and a warm bath.

Hope you feel better soon. :hug:

sciatica is irritation of a nerve ending in the back causing pain to go down the nerve into your leg - this sounds more like and your drawing indicates the area of the sacroiliac joint - joints round the pelvis so 2 of these at the back and the symphysis pubis joint at the front loosen during pregnancy - I have had problems with mine in every pregnancy - always on the right - I was advised by a physio the first time to avoid heavy lifting adn walking too far and I was given a bump support belt to wear which helped a little. Paracetamol is fine to take when pregnant, warm baths can help and pregnancy yoga etc may also ease things - hot water bottle is also a very good suggestion - if things dont ease see your midwife and ask to be referred to a physio :)

thanks for your advice everyone, I had a look on google and you may well be right. I have an appointment with my midwife on monday for my 28 week check (I will be 27 weeks, but she made the appointment) so I will ask her about it if it hasn't gone awy by then.
I hadn't thought about taking paracetamol, I might try one now and see if it helps.

thank you again, you are all soo sweet :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back