I am carrying a giant!

Inga

Reaction score
Well, what can I do;-) Came back from scan today and after careful measurements they estimate my baby's weight at 7.3lb, I am 35 +3 today. Honestly, I know he had grown a lot in last 2 weeks, as he has put on 2 lbs and I just couldn't ignore the the sudden growth of my tommy and sleeping too much for these last 2 weeks.

Everything else is normal, I m tall and muscular so have put on 3 st, which you wouldn't be able to see; no trouble with blood sugars or anything else, have been eating moderate amounts and no junk. The only thing his dady is even taller, so just thinking he might be just a tall baby and not necessary that heavy or big.? Kinda giant who has developed quicker than he should be;-)

Good news is, nothing planned but we will not go over due date, perhaps 7-10 days earlier;-) maybe csection...?

Gosh all these big babies are worrying me even more!

My little man was only measurig 4lbs 3oz at 34 weeks, he's got 8 more days to do some bloody good growing or they are going to induce.

Well done you though on doing such a good job growing your bubba!

Lol! I have a big baby too :D
Yesterday (36+3) my scan estimated my chunky monkey to be 7lb 641oz
Glad baby's growing well :)
Xx

Tapatalking. X

I'm kinda worried that he will be a giant!! I don't think I can push out such a big baby, and I hoped his shoe size won't grow bigger than uk 14!

There seem to be a lot of ladies being told that they are carrying big babies! I was told at my 36 wk scan, that my little one weighed just over 8lb and that I should expect a 10 - 11lb baby - and I was truly terrified!

I gave birth on my EDD to a 7lb 13oz little boy - so they were way off with their calculations! I had put on 3 stone in all - but a lot of this was water - once they started trickling and going, it didn't stop for ages! Very messy lol :)

My hubby is 6ft 4ins and takes a UK sixed 14 shoe - and my little boy was born 4cm longer than average with good sized feet! God knows how much it's going to cost to keep him in shoes and clothes when he is older! xxx

There seem to be a lot of ladies being told that they are carrying big babies! I was told at my 36 wk scan, that my little one weighed just over 8lb and that I should expect a 10 - 11lb baby - and I was truly terrified!

I gave birth on my EDD to a 7lb 13oz little boy - so they were way off with their calculations! I had put on 3 stone in all - but a lot of this was water - once they started trickling and going, it didn't stop for ages! Very messy lol :)

My hubby is 6ft 4ins and takes a UK sixed 14 shoe - and my little boy was born 4cm longer than average with good sized feet! God knows how much it's going to cost to keep him in shoes and clothes when he is older! xxx

Really hope same here about baby weight... And that most of my 3st is water;-)
Oh, no, baby's feet bigger already at birth!!? My OH shoe size is 14, and it's not much fun going shoe shopping with him, as everywhere you ask, you get "Sorry, no shoes for you!" So my OH never buys shoes, just wears out the ones he has, they really get worn out! I'm responsible for buying his shoes, and I'm fed up!! I wish I could spend half the time shopping for my normal size 6 shoes!!

I was also told I would have a big baby, estimated at 9.5-10lbs. I went 13 days over and he weighed 7lb 11oz.

If LO is not yet engaged then you may have a bigger bump, but don't worry too much. I also put on 3 stone, and nearly 6 weeks on I have lost 2 stone of that and I haven't been trying lol xx

Really hope same here about baby weight... And that most of my 3st is water;-)
Oh, no, baby's feet bigger already at birth!!? My OH shoe size is 14, and it's not much fun going shoe shopping with him, as everywhere you ask, you get "Sorry, no shoes for you!" So my OH never buys shoes, just wears out the ones he has, they really get worn out! I'm responsible for buying his shoes, and I'm fed up!! I wish I could spend half the time shopping for my normal size 6 shoes!!

We are exactly the same! We gave up going shoe shopping for him a long time ago - we normally have to order online from overseas...and pray that they fit!

Try not to worry about your bubba's size...these estimates can often be wrong, but whatever happens, you cant change it...so just try to embrace and enjoy the remainder of your pregnancy and don't let it stress you out :) xx

I was also told I would have a big baby, estimated at 9.5-10lbs. I went 13 days over and he weighed 7lb 11oz.

If LO is not yet engaged then you may have a bigger bump, but don't worry too much. I also put on 3 stone, and nearly 6 weeks on I have lost 2 stone of that and I haven't been trying lol xx

Imagine how dinky Evan could have been, if he had arrived on your EDD!

I have lost 2.5 stone of the 3 I put on, without even trying too...it's amazing how quickly it falls off! :) xx

I never got an estimated weight but babies head and abdomen was measuring on the largest line and my bump was huge. They guessed (just casual guess at 36weeks) 9lb max...she was 11lb! I'm still recovering lol.xxx

Tapatalking so I can't see sigs x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back