I am an evil hormonal shrew!

debecca

Reaction score
Help me I think my hormones just took over :shock:

I got back from work today about 1pm only to discover the back door (our only entry route as the front door is bolted from the inside) was wedged shut cos the rain has made it expand. I tried to shoulder budge it, arse budge it (it's big enough now) and kick it but to no avail and was DESPERATE for a wee and REALLY wanted to sleep.

I went to bed at 9.30pm last night and woke up exhausted so all I've been thinking about while teaching this morning is bed.

Anyway, I banged on the front door as OH works from home but no response, nor to the phone. I visited all our neighbours but no one was in. I then gave up and went to the in-laws' for an hour.

When I got back, the door was still jammed, so I knocked on the front door. OH opened it and yelled in my face that I'd interrupted his phone call for work :evil: he didn't even give me chance to say hello or explain myself.

So I turned into crying screaming hitting biting mentalist :shock:

It was embarrassing.

Kill me now.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
I'd have reacted the same hun. But then again, I'm quite crazy nowadays!
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:rotfl: :rotfl: (sorry not funny really but i can picture the scene)

I hope he said sorry for shouting at you. :hug:

Oh no, thats awful, make sure you have an early one tonight!
I can understand why you went nuts, I would have too!! :hug:

Awwwww, he is lucky you didn't punch him in the face, I probably would have (and regretted it afterwards )....hormones suck. Poor you, hope you have had a good sleep now.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

have loadsa hugs hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

a biter ay? you're sounding like me now :wink:

Ive also had a major hormonal day so I know how you feel. I ended up pulling a chunk of my hair out where I was sooooo stressed. It was either that or hit something or someone else :( lets hope tommorrow is a better day :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hope u are feeling better now

Teaching while tired/stressed/ill etc isn't good :(

I kept thinking about bed too today

Hi,

Oh dear....... :wall:

I can relate to the hormonal rage!! I got road-raged at school pickup last week by some impatient egocentric old loon bloke - he tried to pick a big argument with me because I'd blocked him in and, oh dear, he'd had to wait a couple of minutes (everyone blocks everyone else in at that school - they have to otherwise most of the children wouldn't get picked up!!!). Anyway, told him to get out of the way, learn some manners, and oh, may have called him an a***hole (not too loudly of course).

ARRRRGGHHH, I was fuming, and then afterwards burst into tears!!!! It took me about 10 minutes to calm down!!!

Hi,
This is my first post and I'm so relieved that I'm not the only one who has been having uncontrollable rages and tears. I'm sitting in bed with the laptop after having yelled at my oh at the top of my voice and calling him stupid and all kinds of horrible cruel names then bursting into tears and running upstairs. I was so wound up that I decided the only alternative was to leave. We're both really stressed about finances at the moment. It's so awful when I get a flash of clarity in the red haze and realise that I'm being hormonal. My oh takes it all really personally so I feel doubly bad that I'm being mean and then doubly angry because he isn't being sympathetic. I'm so worried about the baby too. Does anyone have any tips for surviving it? It sounds like there are lots of lovely people in this forum so I'm really looking forward to taking part.

So where is the hormonal out of control bit? I think you behaviour was very fitting! I sincerely hope he apologised!

Oh no sorry for going on about me me me me me... :oops:

I think you were totally justified in the way you reacted. It's horrible being shut out and he definitely could've been more sympathetic. I hope he apologized too and gave you lots of hugs - and fixed the door.

:hug: awww poor u

i wud hav been the same tho, im a mad woman at the moment :twisted:

Hello crystal and welcome to 2nd Tri :wave:

I probably would have preferred this embarrassing episode NOT to resurface but oh well :rotfl:

I think the hormonal episodes are perfectly normal, to be honest, and the trick is to avoid the stressing factors. If I find myself getting wound up now I make a sharp exit and cool off a bit.

As for the door, no, it's as crap as ever but at least he checks the phone for messages these days!!

Hope you and OH make up soon Crystal - don't worry about the effect on your baby as it's amazing what they can endure.

By the way, if finances are a problem have you looked at:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ - there are lots of helpful people there who can advise you or give you tips on making a bit more money. Hope it's useful and enjoy your stay on PF xxx

Hello Crystalcag :wave:
I think you should get OH to read up some stuff about the hormonal effects of pregnancy so that he is better able to cope with it. It's normal and it's going to keep happening (I'm sorry to say) so it would be better for both of you if he understood this. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

hi Crystalcag :wave:

my piece of wisdom for you is:

make sure you have a box of malteasers in your bedside drawer for moments like today...so when you retreat you have something to cheer you up. If you dont like malteasers then something suitably yummy of your choice. Oh and a big box of tissues. and make sure you have a BIG supply :) it helped me through the worst stages of hormonal rage. I also tend to scream things at my OH like "Im pregnant and crazy so leave me alone, Im going to hate you for the next 10mins/hour bla bla bla" he generally gets the idea then that it will pass and its nothing personal :D

failing that come chat to us, we all understand and we have plenty of these :hug: :hug: :hug: to go round!!

xx

Thanks to you all so much for your words of support!!!! :hug: :hug: I like the idea of maltesers in the bedside drawer a lot.. :D and I'm definitely going to use your phrase (if I remember in time) Tillytots.

I think my OH is beginning to understand now that I'm not going to be like this forever and that we have very little control over it haha. I've been reading bits out of books to him - if anyone has any links or good articles I'd be really interested.

Thanks for the money saving expert link too. Its brilliant...Finances are probably one the easiest subjects to go temporarily insane over. AND today we got some great news that my OHs new job is pretty secure (which we were worried about) SO everything is looking really good again. sigh Thanks everyone x

yay! glad you're ok hun :) I brought my OH this book here...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blokes-Guide-Pr ... 140190288X

its pregnancy explained in man terms and is really quite funny :lol: some men like it, some dont...its not serious but explains things like the hormones etc but its not exactly educational. I think my OH has learnt more from my incessant wittering :rotfl:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back