I already know, but...

kittykitchn

Reaction score
5 weeks and I'm bleeding like a normal period (with lots of strongly CM). I assume I've lost the pregnancy. Just wondering if there's anything I should do? Should I see if I can get an early scan, or just take it as I'm miss carrying

And do I class this as the first day of a new cycle?

Last edited:
I'm really sorry to hear this. I'm not sure a scan would show much at this gestation.
Keep an eye on things and if during the bleeding or even after it stops you experience any pain, go to a&e.
I would also suggest taking another pregnancy test in a few days. I thought I was miscarrying last year as bled for 48hours like my period, but wasn't (it was ectopic).

A scan definitely wouldn’t show you anything at this stage and they won’t scan before 6 weeks. If tests are still positive in a week or two go to the doctor because you might need medical management to complete the process.

I’d count this as day one but just know it could be a while before you have a period again.

I hope you’re okay, I know it’s hard xxx

5 weeks and I'm bleeding like a normal period (with lots of strongly CM). I assume I've lost the pregnancy. Just wondering if there's anything I should do? Should I see if I can get an early scan, or just take it as I'm miss carrying

And do I class this as the first day of a new cycle?
When I lost an early pregnancy I was told to just wait a full cycle before trying again. I’m not sure where you are but here in the UK the NHS won’t do much at all unless you get to 7 or 8 weeks I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back