I’m new... scared as it’s my 1st need some reassurance

Emma19

Reaction score
hey all I’m Emma, I’m in my 1st trimester. First time mum to be and I’m actually petrified of what’s to come. I don’t know what to expect as I’m only in my 1st trimester. What’s normal and what’s not. Hope your all well :)

hey all I’m Emma, I’m in my 1st trimester. First time mum to be and I’m actually petrified of what’s to come. I don’t know what to expect as I’m only in my 1st trimester. What’s normal and what’s not. Hope your all well :)
Hi Emma
Welcome to the crazy journey that's pregnancy.
Personally, I would try and relax, take it easy. How far in tri 1 are you along?
Every pregnancy is different, some women go the whole 9 months as if nothing is wrong, while others suffer badly with morning sickness and other aches and pains.
Do you have a midwife appointment booked?
It's always good to write down any questions you've got and ask them when you see her. They are very reassuring and no question is too stupid.

Hi Emma
Welcome to the crazy journey that's pregnancy.
Personally, I would try and relax, take it easy. How far in tri 1 are you along?
Every pregnancy is different, some women go the whole 9 months as if nothing is wrong, while others suffer badly with morning sickness and other aches and pains.
Do you have a midwife appointment booked?
It's always good to write down any questions you've got and ask them when you see her. They are very reassuring and no question is too stupid.
I am 7 weeks so far. I have one booked for Tuesday, I have lots of questions but I don’t want to bombard her with all of them. I’m anxious of everything and any tiny problem I panic. I have had a slight problem with boobs aches but I know this is normal :)

I am 7 weeks so far. I have one booked for Tuesday, I have lots of questions but I don’t want to bombard her with all of them. I’m anxious of everything and any tiny problem I panic. I have had a slight problem with boobs aches but I know this is normal :)

Honestly, you can ask anything you want. They are there to help and listen. Any small worry, aches, pains, niggles they will give advice.
Don't feel stupid at all. Pregnancy is a big thing and a lot happens to out bodies during this time. It's only normal that you have so many questions

Honestly, you can ask anything you want. They are there to help and listen. Any small worry, aches, pains, niggles they will give advice.
Don't feel stupid at all. Pregnancy is a big thing and a lot happens to out bodies during this time. It's only normal that you have so many questions
Thank you! It means a lot :)

Snap what you’re feeling is totally normal I’m a first timer and everything terrifies me, I haven’t ever even fed a baby or put a baby grow on and I’m 38 years old!!! Just got to take it as it comes and we are all hear to help and offer advice xx

Snap what you’re feeling is totally normal I’m a first timer and everything terrifies me, I haven’t ever even fed a baby or put a baby grow on and I’m 38 years old!!! Just got to take it as it comes and we are all hear to help and offer advice xx
Aha, I understand that too. I just want to chill out but that’s not going to happen lol

Don't worry too much about it, when the baby comes, the midwives will explain loads! I thought it was scary when I got home though.. but then, just being us three, was the most wonderful feeling!
I won't say it's easy in the beginning but after a while you will find a rhythm.

Never be afraid to ask questions! And it's good to question some people's advice (trust me, as soon as the baby gets there, your family/friends/acquantances will become baby experts:lol:) and maybe look up a few things on Google before trying something.
My mother told me I had to give my daughter water when she was a few hours old, because babies "get thirsty", which is such bad advice!! I had told her the midwives told me it was a big no-no, but she didn't believe me and kept on telling me to give her water! For days she kept insisting to give water, until I looked up articles on google and sent a dozen of them just to prove my point. She never did tell me that again! :rofl:

Trust your own instincts, only you as a mother will be able to read your baby's signals better than anyone! Never get bullied into doing something you don't want or don't feel comfortable with.

If you ever need a question answered, I'm sure so many wonderful women on this forum will be able to help you with advice!x

Don't worry too much about it, when the baby comes, the midwives will explain loads! I thought it was scary when I got home though.. but then, just being us three, was the most wonderful feeling!
I won't say it's easy in the beginning but after a while you will find a rhythm.

Never be afraid to ask questions! And it's good to question some people's advice (trust me, as soon as the baby gets there, your family/friends/acquantances will become baby experts:lol:) and maybe look up a few things on Google before trying something.
My mother told me I had to give my daughter water when she was a few hours old, because babies "get thirsty", which is such bad advice!! I had told her the midwives told me it was a big no-no, but she didn't believe me and kept on telling me to give her water! For days she kept insisting to give water, until I looked up articles on google and sent a dozen of them just to prove my point. She never did tell me that again! :rofl:

Trust your own instincts, only you as a mother will be able to read your baby's signals better than anyone! Never get bullied into doing something you don't want or don't feel comfortable with.

If you ever need a question answered, I'm sure so many wonderful women on this forum will be able to help you with advice!x
Thank you it means so so so much !!! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back