Hysteroscopy

Mrs Mina

Reaction score
Hi.

Has anyone had a hysteroscopy, d&c then a coil fitted??

I was all set to have it today to have a look at my lining (as its been thin for months), then they'd remove scar tissue/adhesions if any were found. The coil would be fitted for 3 months apparently to prevent scars rebuilding, which means no ttc for 3 months. After 3 years of ttc this feels like a lifetime. It would come out right around the time we should be at the top of the ivf waiting list. Hoping someone has experience of hysteroscopy or the coil?

It's been delayed til next month as my af is due tomorrow and they couldn't risk doing it with the very slight chance of me being pg.

Hiya, I had a hysteroscopy and biopsy done in February. It was really painless and I was back in work the next day. I bled for about 5 days after and had to wear a sanitary pad. Sucks that you can't try for 3 months after but maybe it will be a nice break. Good luck x

Hi I am due to have a hysteroscopy and biopsy on the 14th June this is apparently going to help with the embryo implantation as part of my IVF cycle. I am sorry that I can't offer any advice but my dr said it will be done in 15 mins max and lots of ladies on PF have said that it's not too painful
X

Have you double-checked that having technically been given contraception (although this is obviously for medical gain and will be worth doing) this won't affect your entitlement to IVF if you reach the front of the queue straight away after the surgery? I would just get this on your notes before the op because you know how pedantic some of the NHS ttc/IVF rules can be. It shouldn't be an issue and I'm probably paranoid but I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them lol x

Have you double-checked that having technically been given contraception (although this is obviously for medical gain and will be worth doing) this won't affect your entitlement to IVF if you reach the front of the queue straight away after the surgery? I would just get this on your notes before the op because you know how pedantic some of the NHS ttc/IVF rules can be. It shouldn't be an issue and I'm probably paranoid but I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them lol x

That's a good point. Like you said I don't think it would change my place in the queue but it'd be good to have that on my notes! Thanks

Hi I am due to have a hysteroscopy and biopsy on the 14th June this is apparently going to help with the embryo implantation as part of my IVF cycle. I am sorry that I can't offer any advice but my dr said it will be done in 15 mins max and lots of ladies on PF have said that it's not too painful
X

Are you having a coil fitted after it? I'm happy enough to have the hysteroscopy and d&c, it's just the coil I'm a bit sceptical about :$

I think you should get a second opinion if you're unsure. I'm not sure if it's Common procedure but even if it's not, it might be the best thing to help you. I'd definitely get it on your notes that you've been advised it won't affect your wait for IVF x

No I'm not getting the coil fitted as I'll be stimming at the time. I'd get a second opinion x

Update.. Incase anyone is Googling this in the future.. I had a hysteroscopy, d&c then copper coil fitted yesterday. They didn't find any scarring or adhesions, lining looked healthy just really thin. They're hopeful the copper coil will promote my lining growth and as I'm due to have IVF in the next few months they'll take the coil out in time for that...

Had my coil out 2 days ago. They presume it has thickened my lining as I've had v heavy periods on it. Due to start IVF around mid November so hopefully that's sorted my lining issue..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back