Hysteroscopy and biopsy tomorrow

Discussion in 'Long Term TTC & Fertility Issues' started by Clairabella, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Clairabella

Clairabella Well-Known Member

Hey ladies I'm off for the above tomorrow as part of my IVF treatment my consultant has said that the biopsy helps with the implantation. I am planning to take some painkillers before but I am wondering if any of you lovely ladies have had this treatment as part of the IVF ? Did it hurt? Xx

2. MelC2011

MelC2011 Well-Known Member

Have no advice I'm afraid but didn't want to read and run.
    Good Luck tomorrow xx

3. Clairabella

Thanks melc2011 xx

4. MelC2011

MelC2011 Well-Known Member

Your welcome honey.
    Let us know how you get on xx

5. naomip

naomip Well-Known Member

Hiya I had a hysteroscopy and biopsy, not for ivf tho. It didn't hurt at all. When I came round from the proceedure I had some mild cramping but it was not as strong as af cramps. Apart from that no pain at all. I bled for about 5 days and had to wear a sanitary towel. But I really didn't feel anything and was back in work the next day.

Good luck with your ivf x x x

6. Clairabella

I had my hysteroscopy and biopsy this morning. My apt was at 10.30 at the fertility clinic the nurse went through what the procedure involves and it improves the IVF cycles success rate by 50%. she explained that the biopsy scratch in the womb causes the damaged cells to repair the wall and this then improves the implantation rate when my embryos are transferred back inside me.
    I felt very calm when I was called in by the consultant who was female I really believe the acupuncture has helped to relax me. The room was like a theatre and I was asked to undress in a separate room and put on the hospital gown I was then asked to lie on the bed and place my legs in the stirrups.
    The camera was about 3mm which I could feel being inserted and it was quite uncomfortable but I had two nurses who were chatting to me trying to take my mind away from the procedure they were fab!
    The consultant told me that she had made two scratches but I didn't feel anything she also said that my uterius and womb looked completely normal. The whole thing took about 20 mins and I feel that we are a little further along on our IVF journey.
    I have been at home all day taking it easy and apart from a couple of period type cramps and needing my pad on I feel fine.
    We are back at the IVF clinic next Tuesday for the baseline scan and to be shown how to inject the drugs. Our egg collection is still booked for the 1st July yikes it's very real now!
    X

7. naomip

naomip Well-Known Member

Good luck x

8. laurat

laurat Well-Known Member

Glad it went ok for you! I felt with every procedure done and 'ticked off' so to speak then it made everything closer and real!

9. Clairabella

That's so true laurat I feel the LTTC is like climbing a ladder and after each procedure we move up a step. Wow your ticker looks very exciting best of luck I bet you are so excited xxxx