Hypnobirthing

BlondeP

Reaction score
Is there any way I can learn how to do this without having to go on a course? Has anyone else done it and how did you feel it helped with your birth? Xx

I was looking for similar answers. I've seen amazon and eBay sell cds and books from what I gather 1 cd talks you through it and other has tracks to listen to to focus on x

I can recommend the Mary Howell cds. I didn't attend a course, just listened to the birth prep cd lots in the run-up to the birth. It was amazing and definitely helped. I don't remember any pain from the birth as hypnobirthing focuses your mind on breathing techniques and visualisations instead.

I can recommend the Mary Howell cds. I didn't attend a course, just listened to the birth prep cd lots in the run-up to the birth. It was amazing and definitely helped. I don't remember any pain from the birth as hypnobirthing focuses your mind on breathing techniques and visualisations instead.

Do you listen to something during labour?

Hey just commenting so i can get info too, i think i may have left it too late to consider though!

I listen to Hypnobirthing download every night when falling asleep, and then on YouTube are loads of videos and techniques. I did this with my first and had no pain relief just the breathing techniques, this time I've been told my boy is a big baby, so I have really been trying the breathing. It's all about you believing in yourself and getting as much oxygen to your muscles to help the baby.

And yes I listened to that and music when I was in labour, had to apologise to the midwife about my terrible taste in music.

Last edited:
I was doing mindfulness a few years back so ive pulled all my old stuff out and trying to get into practice again. I got some hypnobirthing tracks last night. It might be a bit late but im gonna try anyway!

Do you listen to something during labour?

I didn't but I plan to this time. Last time, I zoned out though and had the tracks playing over in my head which worked for me.

I didn't go on a course just got a book and CDs. I used elements of it but my birth didn't go as I wanted (emergency section). I don't think you need the course, the books/CDs get the concept across xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back